Vinod Kambli Wiki, Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More – WikiBio
Vinod Kambli is a former Indian cricketer who played for the Indian national cricket team from 1991 to 2000. He is also a cricket coach at Khel Bharti Sports Academy and MCA (Mumbai Cricket Association) Academy. He was a childhood friend of Sachin Tendulkar. In addition to playing cricket, he has also ventured into the acting field and starred in several films.
Vinod Kambli was born on Tuesday 18 January 1972 (50 years old; as of 2022) in Mumbai (now Mumbai), Maharashtra, India. He received his primary education at the Virgin Mary in Marine Lines, Mumbai, and later he moved to Shardashram Vidyamandir in Dadar, Mumbai. His education is only the 10th standard. He lives in a poor family of 18 in a Chawl in Mumbai. His father was a mechanic. From an early age, he aspired to be a cricketer. He used to play this game a lot.
He, Sachin Tendulkar and Ricky Couto (Sachin and Kambli’s classmates) used to play together at Shivaji Park under their coach Ramakant Achrekar.
Earlier, the trio (Sachin, Kambli and Ricky) studied at different schools, however, later, on the advice of their coach Ramakant Achrekar, they entered Shardashram Vidyamaandir in Dadar. During their childhood, Kambli and Sachin Tendulkar scored a record 664 runs for Sharadashram Vidyamandir, and in the semi-finals of the Harris Shield Championship, they scored 748 over two wickets against St Xavier’s School. In that inning, Kambli scored 349 without going out. The pair were stopped by their coach Ramakant Achrekar, who forced them to declare the innings.
Kambli was born to Ganpat Kambli and Vijaya Kambli.
He has three brothers; Virendra Kambli, Vidyadhar Kambli, Vikas Kambli and sister Vidya Kambli.
In 1998, he married Noella Lewis, a receptionist at the Blue Diamond Hotel in Pune.
Later, the couple divorced and Kambli married fashion model Andrea Hewitt. He and Andrea Hewitt have a son named Jesus Christiano Cambli.
He made his first class debut in Mumbai in the 1989-90 season. In the first game of the Ranji Trophy, he hit six. He was named to the national team due to his outstanding performances in first-class cricket and made his ODI debut against Pakistan in 1991. The following year, he made his debut against England at the Eden Stadium. In 1993, on his birthday, his first ODI Centurion was against England. In his second Test match, he scored his first Test century against England. He scored 224 points.
In the following Test match, he again scored a double percent against Zimbabwe (227 points). Thanks to his consecutive centuries, he became India’s fastest batsman, scoring 1,000 runs in just 14 innings. During his Test career, he scored four centuries. He played his last Test match against New Zealand in 1995 when he was only 24 years old. After the 1996 Cricket World Cup, his cricketing began to decline. His form has also slipped as he has only scored 50+ in his last 22 ODI innings. On October 29, 2000, he played his last ODI. After that, he was unable to be selected for the national team again. Officially, he announced his retirement from all forms of international cricket in 2009 and first-class cricket in 2011.
- He holds the record for the highest Test average (54.2) for the Indians (20 or more innings).
- In his early cricket career, he set India’s record for the fastest run over 1,000 Test runs. As in 2019, he still holds the record.
- He was the first Indian cricketer and one of the few to score the ODI century on his birthday, scoring against England in 1993.
- In 2009, he appeared on the reality show “Sach Ka Saamna” where he said that his friend Sachin Tendulkar could help him during his tough times. He also said he was hurt when Sachin didn’t mention his name in his retirement speech at the end of the 200th Test or invite him to a party he was throwing after his retirement.
- In 2015, he and his wife were accused of torturing their maid Soni Sarsal. His maid Soni Sarsal also filed an FIR against Kambli and his wife. According to Soni Sarsal, Kambli and his wife, Andrea did not let her home and wrongly locked her up for three days when she demanded their wages. ”
- In July 2018, Kambli and his wife Andrea reportedly attacked singer Ankit Tiwari’s father Raj Kumar Tiwari in a shopping mall in Mumbai. Raj Kumar Tiwari lodged a complaint against Vinod Kambli and his wife punching him in the shopping centre.
- On February 27, 2022, he was arrested by police and released on bail after he crashed into a car at the gate of a residential complex in Bandra, Mumbai. According to sources, the cricketer also had an altercation with the Watchmen and some residents of the housing estate.
- food: Lamb Biryani, Tandoori Chicken, Fried Fish
- At one point he revealed that he stole something from his home to buy a cricket bat.
- During his childhood, Kambli would take his gear to practice on a crowded local train from Kanjurmarg to Shivaji Park.
- Kambli was selected for the India U-19s when Sachin Tendulkar made his international debut.
- Kambli and Tendulkar collaborated on the Pepsi commercial with then-captain Mohammad Azharuddin.
- When India lost to Sri Lanka in the 1996 Cricket World Cup semi-final, Cambri came to the dressing room in tears.
- When he was eliminated from the Indian team, he played for Boland Province in the South African domestic league.
- In 2002, he tried his acting luck; he got his first chance in Ravi Dewan’s film Annarth, starring Sanjay Dutt and Suni Starring Suniel Shetty. In 2009, he also starred in another Bollywood film, Pal Pal Dil Ke Ssaat. In 2015, Kambli appeared in a Kannada-language film, Betanahr.
- In 2009, he joined a political party, the Lok Bharati Party. He was named the party’s deputy chairman. He also ran in the 2009 Maharashtra state assembly election from the Vikhroli seat, but lost the election by a huge margin.
- On August 15, 2009, he started a cricket academy called “Khel Bharti Sports Academy” in Mumbai. In the same year, he also participated in the third season of Bigg Boss.
- Kambli embraced Christianity in 2010. He was baptized at St Peter’s Church in Bandra, Mumbai.
- In 2011, he supported Anna Hazare’s anti-corruption campaign in India. In the same year, journalist Kunal Purandare wrote his biography titled “Vinod Kambli: The Lost Hero”.
- On November 29, 2013, Kambli suffered a heart attack while driving and was rushed to Lilavati Hospital in Mumbai, where he recovered quickly.
- In 2016, cameo cameo Circus Season 3.
- BJP MP Dr Udit Raj posted a controversial tweet on 27 December 2016. He tweeted that Kambli was excluded from cricket because he was a Dalit. Later, however, Kambli himself refuted such claims in a tweet.
- According to sources, Kambli will join BJP in 2017. He also met Devendra Fadnavis, the 18th Chief Minister of Maharashtra, and discussed matters related to village sports in the state.
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Vinod Kambli Wiki, Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More – WikiBio
, we invite you to share the article on Facebook, instagram and whatsapp with the hashtags ☑️ #Vinod #Kambli #Wiki #Age #Wife #Family #Biography #WikiBio ☑️!