Vineeta Singh Wiki, Age, Husband, Children, Family, Biography and More – WikiBio
Vineeta Singh is an Indian businesswoman best known for SUGAR, a famous Indian cosmetics brand founded in 2015.
Veneta Singh was born in 1983 (Age 38; as of 2021) in Delhi, India. From 1987 to 2001, she attended RK Puram, Delhi Public School in New Delhi. She studied B.Tech in Electrical Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (2001-2005). In May 2004, she undertook a three-month summer internship with ITC Limited in Kolkata. She completed her MBA in 2005 at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad. During her MBA she did three-month internships at Deutsche Bank, London and New York. During her internship, she worked on projects with the Emerging Markets Structural Team in London and the Strategic Equity Transactions team in New York.
Height (approximately): 5′ 8″
hair color: Black
eye color: Black
parents and siblings
Her father, Tej Singh, works as a scientist at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in New Delhi. Her mother is a PhD holder.
husband and children
Vineeta got engaged to her college classmate Kaushik Mukherjee on October 15, 2010 and married on December 4, 2011. Vineeta is the mother of two sons, Vikrant Mukherjee and Ranveer Mukherjee.
After completing her MBA in April 2007, she was appointed director of Mumbai-based recruitment firm Quetzal Online Private Limited. After working there for almost 5 years, she co-founded a beauty products supply company “FAB BAG” in Mumbai. She became one of the top businesswomen in India after her cosmetic brand Sugar (started in 2015) became popular among Indian cosmetic brands. As of 2021, Sugar Cosmetics has more than 2,500 stores in over 130 cities in India. In an interview, speaking about her cosmetic brand Sugar, she said,
I’ve always had a strong desire to build something with women at my core, so when my first startup didn’t scale, I decided to start a beauty subscription company with my co-founder Kaushik in 2012. 200,000 women shared their details about our beauty preferences at the heart of our move to SUGAR Cosmetics, which launched in 2015 as a direct-to-consumer cosmetics brand. “
She further spoke about the challenges she faced in setting up the company, saying,
When we tried to raise capital, we were told that the digital-first beauty market would be a small one and that it wouldn’t be possible to compete with the big FMCG companies without raising hundreds of millions of dollars. We were even told that the product itself would not be a strong moat because it was a commodity. “
In 2021, her company acquired the rights from Warner Bros. to launch the SUGAR X WONDER WOMAN series, which has been a huge hit among Indian users. On December 20, 2021, she appeared on Sony Channel’s reality TV show “Shark Tank India” as one of the judges. In the show, entrepreneurs give business presentations to groups of five investors or sharks and ask them to invest in their startups. Some of the startups that Vineeta has invested in during the TV show include:
- Nocd Energy Drink (energy drink brand) 2 million, 15% stake Vineeta Singh
- Blue pine Foods (frozen food brand) invests $7.5 million for 16% equity, backed by Ashneer Grover, Vineeta Singh and Aman Gupta
- Ridebooz (City Utilities Brand) $4M 50% Equity Investment by Ashneer Grover and Vineeta Singh
- Mycosiq (skincare brand) 5 million, 25% stake, Vineeta Singh and Anupam Mittal
- Cheer Up (fashion accessories brand) Vineeta Singh and Anupam Mittal for $2.5 million for 30% stake
- Skippi Popsicles (Ice Popsicles) – Vineeta Singh and other judges receive 10 million for 15% stake
Awards and Achievements
- The Economic Times’ 40 Under 40 list (2021)
- Ben Horowitz’s Hard Things About Hard Things
- Howard Schultz put your heart into it
- The Journey of Robert Iger’s Life
- Steve Jobs of Walter Isaacson
- Tuesday with Maury Mitch Albom
- The Psychology of Money by Morgan Housel
- Hallucinations: The Adventures of the Reluctant Messiah by Richard Bach
- The Prophet of Kahlil Gibran
- Perseverance: The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Duckworth
In the financial year (2019-2020), she earns around Rs. 1000000000.
- During college, she won various badminton competitions.
- During the first few years of her career, she faced various financial challenges. She even did Ruby’s work. A salary of 10,000 a month to cover her expenses.
- After graduating from business school, she got a placement job at Rs. With an annual salary of 10 million, she turned down the offer because she wanted to start her own business.
- She is a marathon runner and triathlete, and as of December 2021, she has participated in more than 14 marathons in South Africa, including the gay run of 89 kilometers, for three consecutive years. Vineeta completed the Iron Man triathlon with her husband. In addition to running, she also participates in various sports such as swimming and cycling. In an interview, she said about running a marathon,
I started running many years ago, and I’ve probably run over 14 marathons and full marathons, about 42 kilometers. While running the ultramarathon, I signed up for this race called Gay, which is an 89km ultramarathon in South Africa that has to be done in 12 hours. This is the largest and oldest ultramarathon in the world and I actually did it 3 times! “
One year, I even got a bronze medal in that race. I also did an Iron Man triathlon with my husband, Kaushik, in 3.8km of open water, then a 180km bike ride, then a 42km run, and did it all in 17 hours. index. In many other half marathons and triathlons in India, I have been on the podium. Although I don’t think they’ve accomplished much, I do think having passion outside of work makes me a better person. That’s why I follow it. “
- In an interview, she shared her secret to success. she says,
If you want to do world-class things, you have to continually contribute to your work and be patient with the results. “
- As of January 2022, her YouTube channel “Sugar Cosmetics” had 423,000 subscribers.
- In 2018, she was invited as a guest speaker at TEDx Pune on “How to Turn Fear into Victory”.
- In 2021, Vineeta will appear as one of the experts on the TV game show “Kaun Banega Crorepati”.
- In an interview, she was asked what the motto is that defines her work and personal life. she says,
Don’t be afraid to make bold decisions that you believe in. I’ve always wanted to build a brand with women at its core and worked hard to make that dream a reality. Another motto I’ve learned as a runner and entrepreneur is that no matter what challenges we face, agility matters. Growth isn’t about how fast you get there, it’s about how long you last after you get there. “
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Vineeta Singh Wiki, Age, Husband, Children, Family, Biography and More – WikiBio
, we invite you to share the article on Facebook, pinterest and whatsapp with the hashtag ☑️ #Vineeta #Singh #Wiki #Age #Husband #Children #Family #Biography #WikiBio ☑️!