Vikram Phadnis Wiki, Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More – WikiBio
Vikram Phadnis is an Indian fashion designer and film director. He is known for his expertise in designing traditional Indian clothing.
Vikram Fadenis was born on Thursday, October 24, 1968 (Age 53; as of 2021) in Mumbai. His zodiac sign is Scorpio. He attended St Andrews High School in Mumbai. He completed his graduation at the MMK Academy in Bandera.
Height (approximately): 5′9″
hair color: Black
eye color: Black
parents and siblings
Vikram’s mother’s name is Dr. Ranjan Phadnis. She is a doctor.
wife and children
He is unmarried.
In 1991, Vikram presented his first collection. In 2005, international cricketers Jonty Rhodes, Glenn McGrath and Wasim Akram presented Vikram’s collection. In 2009, Vikram designed clothes for model Naomi Campbell, who appeared on the “Mai Mumbai” show. The show aims to raise money for those who suffered losses in the 26/11 terrorist attacks in Mumbai in 2008.
In 2015, he designed clothing for the President of the Republic of South Africa, Mr Jacob Zuma, and the First Lady. He became a designer for celebrities including Amitabh Bachchan, Sridevi, Sushmita Sen, Malaika Arora.
He has also designed costumes for Bollywood films such as Biwi No.1 (1999), Mujhse Shaadi Karogi (2004), Golmaal: Fun Unlimited (2006), Salaam-e-Ishq (2007), Namastey London (2007), Golmaal Returns (2008) and Dulha Mil Gaya (2010). In the film “Salaam-e-Ishq”, he designed 800 outfits for the main and supporting characters.
He directed two Marathi films Hrudayantar (2017) starring Hrithik Roshan and a Marathi film Please Smile (2019).
In 2005, he won the Best Costume Design Technical Excellence Award for the film Mujhse Shaadi Karogi (2004).
- Vikram’s parents, both doctors, wanted him to study medicine, but while he was in college, he was more interested in dance and entertainment. Instead of studying medicine, he chose a different career.
- During the first few days of his career, he worked as a choreographer. Later, he became interested in fashion design. After the opportunity to design clothes in one of the fashion shows, he decided to pursue professional design.
- In an interview, he said the man behind his professional growth was Salman Khan. He also called him his godfather. In an interview, he talked about Salman and said,
He is comfortable in everything, and he can wear a suit with the same style and elegance as he wears casual. Whatever he wears is automatically ‘fashionable’. “
- In an interview, he also talked about how he felt when he had the opportunity to design clothes for Amitabh Bachchan. He said,
I guess the only time I was nervous was dressing Mr. Bachchan. At that moment I felt like I was really lucky that I did the right thing. I don’t think there is anyone like him in the industry. It was so special to work with him. “
- In an interview, when asked about switching his career from design to filmmaking, he said,
It (director) was not an intentional attempt. For the past 12-13 years, I’ve been wanting to direct a movie. I have spent a long time writing about this topic. Directing a movie is like being the captain of a ship. I’ve always been the technician behind the camera, and I’ve been involved in the clothing department. But storytelling is the ultimate thing. I won’t remake because I want to develop my own script. But I don’t think I can have horror or sex or comedy as a genre. All I can do is romance or social drama, and I know I’m into both genres. Also, when I write my second film, I won’t decide on the language – but if not now, then eventually, I’ll make a Hindi film. This is something I know for sure. “
- He was also involved in a Hindi film called “Nia” starring Bipasha Basu. The movie was never released. In an interview, he talked about the film and said,
Production costs are high. I wanted to shoot in London but the budget didn’t allow me to do so. I also realize now is the wrong time to post this kind of story. But I didn’t let the restrictions affect me. I’ve wanted to make a movie for 13 years. “
- According to him, his film “Please Smile” is a true story of his mother’s life.
- In 2016, he hosted an event called “Adhvan”, which marked the completion of Viram’s 25 years in the fashion industry.
- In an interview, he had some advice for young designers, saying,
In my opinion, there is no one formula for success to follow. The reason is that if a+b=c then everyone can follow it to T and succeed. I’ve learned that success follows eventually, all you need is a passion for what you do. Work hard, know how to market yourself, and be in the right place at the right time. “
- In 2018, Myntra, an e-commerce fashion outfitted by Vikram, hosted a fashion show for the IIFA Awards.
- In 2020, during the COVID-19 lockdown, Vikram made his contribution to helping stray dogs by donating to NGOs. He also posted about the campaign on social media, with many actors retweeting his post and contributing. Actor Ayushmann Khurrana tweeted about it.
— Ayushmann Khurrana (@ayushmannk) March 28, 2020
- In 2021, he tested positive for COVID-19. He posted an Instagram Story to talk about this. In the story, he writes,
I have tested positive for Covid-19 and will ask those who come in contact with me to be tested as soon as possible. I am taking all precautions and isolating myself at home. “
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Vikram Phadnis Wiki, Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More – WikiBio
, help us and share the article on Facebook, pinterest and e-mail with the hashtags ☑️ #Vikram #Phadnis #Wiki #Age #Wife #Family #Biography #WikiBio ☑️!