Vijaya Chamundeswari Wiki, Age, Husband, Family, Children, Biography and more – WikiBio
Vijaya Chamundeswari is an Indian fitness expert and daughter of veteran South Indian actors Gemini Ganesan and Savitri. She is the younger sister of the famous Bollywood actress Reika.
Wiki/Biography & Career
Vijaya Chamundeswari was born on December 2, 1959 (Age 60; same as 2019) in Madras (now Chennai). Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius.
She went to Andhra Mahila Sabha, the Oratory Monastery School in Kodaikanal and Vidhyodya High School in Chennai. She went to Ethiraj Women’s College to study English Literature. She is a fitness specialist at GG Hospital in Chennai.
Height (approximately): 5′ 5″
eye color: Black
hair color: Black
family, caste and husband
Her father Gemini Ganesan is a famous Tamil actor. Her mother Savitri is a famous Tamil and Telugu actress. Her father was a Tamil Brahmin in paternal terms and Isai Vellalar in maternal terms. Vijaya’s mother belonged to the Telugu-speaking Kapu family.
She has a younger brother named Satish Ganesan.
Her father was married four times, which is why she has many half-siblings. From her father’s marriage to Alamelu, she has four half-sisters, Dr. Revathi Swaminathan (eldest; radiation oncologist), Dr. Kamala Selvaraj (second eldest; owner of GG Hospital), Dr. Narayani Ganesan (3rd eldest; TOI reporter), Dr. Jaya Shreedhar (4th eldest; health consultant for Inter Milan News Network). From her father’s marriage to Pushpavalli (actress), she has two half-sisters, Rekha (actress) and Radha (former actress; lives in the US).
Her father is married to Julianna Andrews for the fourth time and has no children.
Vijaya is married to Govind Rao Vaddi.
The couple have two sons, Arun Kumar Vaddi (play and dog) and Abhinay Vaddi (actor).
Vijaya also has a grandson named Ritwik and a granddaughter named Swastika.
- books: The Shiva Trilogy by Amish Tripathi
- Director: BV Nandini Reddy
- Travel destination: Dubai
- She enjoys traveling, gardening and farming.
- Her friends and close relatives affectionately call her Viji.
- Vijaya’s mother named her after a production company called “Vijaya Chaundeshwari” which gave her mother many memorable roles.
- Her mother is known as the “Meenakumari” of the South Indian film industry.
- Vijaya was only 16 years old when she got married, and a few years before her marriage, there was a certain disagreement between her parents and they separated.
- Due to her mother’s private life issues, her mother, Savitri, began to drink heavily, which affected her greatly. One day, she was in a coma for 19 months and finally died on December 26, 1981, at the age of 46.
- In an interview, Vijaya revealed that she had never seen any of her mother’s films because her mother cried during most of them, which upset her. However, after her mother died, she started watching her movies.
- In May 2018, “Mahanati”, a biopic of her mother, was released. Keerthy Suresh played the role of Savitri in the film.
- After the film was released, her sister, Dr. Kamala Selwaraj, claimed that the film was fictional, that it was not presented truthfully, and that her father was wrongly represented in the film. She also claimed that the film was based entirely on Vijaya and that the filmmakers should have taken into account her father’s friends and acquaintances in the industry before taking on the role of his father. Responding to her comments, Vijaya said she respects her sister’s opinion; because they belong to the same family.
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Vijaya Chamundeswari Wiki, Age, Husband, Family, Children, Biography and more – WikiBio
, we invite you to share the article on Facebook, pinterest and e-mail with the hashtags ☑️ #Vijaya #Chamundeswari #Wiki #Age #Husband #Family #Children #Biography #WikiBio ☑️!