Vijay Barse Wiki, Age, Wife, Family, Children, Biography & More – WikiBio
Vijay Barse is a retired Indian professor and social worker and founder of the NGO Slum Soccer.
Wiki/Biography and Ghetto Football Tour
Vijay Bals was born in 1945 (Age 75; same as 2020) in the city of Nagpur, Maharashtra. Vijay Barse’s journey began as a sports professor at Hilshop College in Nagpur, where he served for 36 years. On a rainy afternoon in July 2001, he hid under a tree and saw a group of slum children kicking football with broken plastic buckets. He realized that it was good for those children and kept them away from malice. Activity. Vijay said in an interview:
Spending two hours playing football helps inspire and educate them. It also keeps them away from bad habits such as pickpocketing, drug or alcohol abuse, and petty crime or violence. “
Growing up in poverty himself, Barse was inspired to start a foundation for young people in the slums and on the streets.
After retirement, he received a sum of Rs. The 1.8 million rupees he used to buy the land, about 9 kilometers from Nagpur. Vijay and Rachana (his wife) used the land to build a football academy and founded “Slum Soccer – Krida Vikas Sanstha Nagpur (KSVN)”. KSVN runs football programs and helps vulnerable members of society recover.
The first match of slum football was held in Nagpur with 128 teams participating. He played his first Jhopadpatti football tournament in Nagpur in 2003, a state level event. A total of 15 districts in Maharashtra, including the Gadricholi tribal belt (later champion) participated in the competition. In the same year, the All India Rajiv Gandhi Memorial Chopad Patti Football Championship (national level) was held in Nagpur with 12 Indian states participating (Odisha won the inaugural competition). In 2006, Vijay learned about the Homeless World Cup and went to Cape Town, South Africa to watch the fourth World Cup. The following year, India took part in the next tournament in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Height (approximately): 5′ 10″
eye color: dark brown
hair color: Black
Family, Caste and Wife
Vijay Barse belongs to a Hindu family. Little is known about his parents and siblings. He is married to Rachana Barse (Professor) and the couple have two sons Priyesh Barse and Dr. Abhijit Barse (Social Worker, Entrepreneur).
Awards and Honors
- In 2006, Vijay Barse’s son Abhijit came to India from the United States to help his father continue his mission of helping slum dwellers and socially disadvantaged children recover. The following year, Abhijit became CEO of Slum Soccer.
- In an interview, Abhijit claimed that in addition to slum football, his father (Vijay Bals) also worked for India-Pakistan peace and organized a motorcycle expedition to the border to talk about peace. Vijay also works to improve green cover by promoting afforestation.
- In 2014, Abhijit appeared in the first episode of Satyamev Jayate Season 3 hosted by Aamir Khan.
- Slum Soccer has received several awards including the FIFA Diversity Award, the FICCI India Sports Award and the 2012 Manthan eNGO Award.
- In January 2020, his biopic “Jhund” was released in which Amitabh Bachchan was seen as “Vijay Barse”. The film also marked director Nagraj Manjule’s Bollywood debut.
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Vijay Barse Wiki, Age, Wife, Family, Children, Biography & More – WikiBio
, we invite you to share the article on Facebook, pinterest and e-mail with the hashtag ☑️ #Vijay #Barse #Wiki #Age #Wife #Family #Children #Biography #WikiBio ☑️!