Vidya Vox Wiki, Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography and More – WikiBio
Vidya Vox is an American singer, songwriter, and YouTuber.
Vidya Vox was born on Wednesday, September 26, 1990 as “Vidya Iyer” (Age 29; same as 2019) in Chennai. Her zodiac sign is Libra.
At the age of five, she began studying Carnatic music. When she was eight years old, her family immigrated to the United States. She grew up in Virginia, USA. She earned a BA in Psychology with a minor in Biomedical Science from George Washington University and plans to take the MCAT in 2012 to enter medical school. At the same time, she was working in a clinic. In the midst of it all, she decided to pursue a career in music. Later, she moved to India for two years to study Carnatic classical and Western vocal music. She learned Carnatic music from DK Patammal’s brother, DK Nagarajan.
Height (approximately): 5′ 3″
eye color: Black
hair color: Black
family and caste
She was born into a Tamil family. She has an older sister named Wandana Ayer.
She has a boyfriend named Shankar Tucker who is a clarinet player and composer.
Vidya collaborated with her sister Vandana and her boyfriend Shankar in 2011, and voices Shankar’s work Nee Nenaindal on his YouTube channel The Shruti Box.
She often performs with Shankar’s band. She has performed at the White House, the National Center for the Performing Arts (India), and the Webster Hall, as well as at events such as the Festival in Reunion, Suriname, INK Women in Dubai and the Meru concert series in the Netherlands. She started her YouTube channel in 2014 and uploaded her first video of a mashup of Sia’s songs “Big Girls Cry” and “Kabhi Jo Badal Barse”; the video is no longer available due to copyright issues with Yash Raj Films . Her YouTube channel has over 6.5 million subscribers. Some of her popular covers include Love Me Like You | Hosanna, Closer | Kabila, Excellence | Kinder Mahie, We Don’t Talk Anymore | boat song).
Her first album was released in 2017, titled “Kuthu Fire”.
Her second album is Crazy Dreams (2019).
Awards and Achievements
- YouTube Creator Awards – 2016 Gold Button
- food: Rice, Dal, Bhindi Sabzi, Dosa & Sambhar, Pizza, Tacos, Burritos
- song: Jiya Jale from the movie “Dil Se” (1998)
- She enjoys playing tennis, reading and dancing.
- According to her, her father was very abusive and very controlling to her mother. He instructed her family on what to wear and what to do. When he became too violent, her mother took her and her sister away. However, because of this, her music teacher refused to teach Vidya music.
- It was not easy for Vidya to grow up in the US, as an Indian she was not accepted into the school.
Growing up in America as an Indian was not easy. I was made fun of Indian food and my skin colour and why my knees and elbows are black”
- As an Indian and living in the United States, she grew up experiencing a fusion of two cultures. Talking about it, she said,
It’s interesting. It always feels like two different worlds. At home I sing bhajans and kritis and eat dosa and sambar, but when I go to school I listen to Backstreet Boys, Destiny’s Child, Usher and eat pizza. The tug of war between the two cultures scares me”
- During Vidya’s pre-med studies, she opened her YouTube channel and started posting videos on it. After graduation, she decided to choose music as her career.
- Her pseudonym “Vox” means “voice” in Latin. The name came to her when she realized that Shankar used to save her recordings as “Vidya Vox”.
- She is fluent in Tamil, Telugu, English, Hindi and French.
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Vidya Vox Wiki, Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography and More – WikiBio
, we invite you to share the article on Facebook, instagram and e-mail with the hashtag ☑️ #Vidya #Vox #Wiki #Age #Boyfriend #Husband #Family #Biography #WikiBio ☑️!