Varun Gandhi Wiki, Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More – WikiBio
Varen Gandhi was an Indian politician who belonged to the Nehru-Gandhi family. He is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a Lok Sabha member of the Philibhit constituency.
Varun Gandhi was born on March 13, 1980 in “Feroze Varun Gandhi” (Age 39; as in 2019) in Delhi. His zodiac sign is Pisces.
Varun attended Rishi Valley School, Modern School CP New Delhi and British School in New Delhi. He holds a BA (Hons) in Economics from the London School of Economics and Political Science via distance learning.
Height (approximately): 5′9″
Weight (approx.): 75”
eye color: Black
hair color: Black
Family, Caste and Wife
Varengandhi belongs to the Nehru Gandhi family. His father Sanjay Gandhi was a politician.
His mother, Maneka Gandhi, was an environmentalist and politician.
His grandmother, the late Indira Gandhi (India’s first female prime minister), and grandfather, Feroze Gandhi (journalist), were both politicians.
His great-grandfather, Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru was a freedom fighter and the first prime minister of an independent India.
His great-grandmother Kamala Nehru was also a freedom fighter.
His uncle, the late Rajiv Gandhi, was a politician and Prime Minister of India (1984-89).
Varun’s aunt, Sonia Gandhi, is also a politician and was the president of the Indian National Congress (INC) from March 14, 1998 to December 16, 2017.
Rahul Gandhi (politician) and Priyanka Gandhi (politician) are his cousins.
He is married to graphic designer Yamini Roy Chowdhury and has a daughter named Anasuya Gandhi.
He also had a daughter named Aadya Priyadarshini who died at 4 months old.
Varun Gandhi officially joined the BJP in 2004 with his mother, Maneka Gandhi. In the 2009 general election, Warren emerged from the Pilibhit constituency. He won with 419,539 votes and beat the closest competing candidate, VM Singh, by 281,501 votes. This is the greatest victory of the Gandhi family. In 2013, then BJP leader Rajnath Singh appointed Warren as BJP general secretary. He became the party’s youngest-ever general secretary. In the 2014 general election, Varun ran from the Sultanpur constituency and defeated Amrita Singh. In the 2019 Lok Sabha election, he ran and won from Pilibhit constituency.
Varun Gandhi writes articles and policy for newspapers and magazines such as Times of India, Hindustan Times, Economic Times, Indian Express, Asia Times, Hinduism, Prospect, etc. He also writes columns for Malayala Manorama, Lokmat, Hindustan Times, Rajasthan Patrika, Punjab Kesari, Amar Ujala, Sandesh, Bartaman, Sakshi, etc.
Warren wrote his first collection of poetry, The Other of Self, in 2000.
In 2018, he published a book on India’s rural economy called The Rural Manifesto: Realizing India’s Future Through Her Village.
- During the Pilibhit campaign in the 2009 Lok Sabha elections, he made provocative remarks against Muslims. A lawsuit was filed against him. He was arrested and held for 20 days.
- On March 29, 2009, Uttar Pradesh charged Varengandhi under the National Security Act for inciting tensions in the Indian community.
- In 2009, he filed a petition to drop the hate speech case against him in the Allahabad High Court, but his academic credentials sparked another controversy. As in his petition, he mentioned that he graduated from LSE (London School of Economics and Political Science) and obtained a master’s degree from SOAS (School of Oriental and African Studies). But the university denied his claims that he had obtained any such degree, and clarified that he had obtained his degree (Bachelor of Economics) at the London School of Economics and Political Science through distance learning terms and that he had only enrolled in SOAS (Master of Science in Sociology) , but never completed a degree.
- In 2015, Lalit Modi, the former head of the IPL who was fired by the Enforcement Directorate on money laundering charges, said that Varun Gandhi had met him in London a few years earlier and told him (Lalit Modi) Litt), Varun would use his aunt, Sonia Gandhi. He even asked Warren to clarify if he had been to his house. Sonia Gandhi had to come forward to deny Lalit’s allegations.
- In 2016, arms dealer and manufacturer Abhishek Verma claimed that Varun Gandhi leaked defense secrets to him. Warren, however, denies the allegations. Later, Abhishek also claimed that all the reports were fabricated.
His net worth is around Rs. 600 million (as in 2019).
- author: Ruben Banerjee, Lana Safvey
- books): “Nobel Lectures” by Bob Dylan, “Naveen Patnaik” by Ruben Banerjee, “My Heart” by Rana Safvi, “Laxminama: Monks, Merchants, Money and Spells” by Anshuman Tiwari, “The Bombay Fable” by Gyan Prakash
- Varun’s father, Sanjay Gandhi, died in a plane crash when Varun was three months old.
- During the 1999 election campaign, Warren was introduced to politics by his mother.
- His second volume of poetry, Stillness, was published by HarperCollins in April 2015. The book became the best-selling nonfiction book, selling more than 10,000 copies in its first two days of release.
- In 2011, Varun offered Anna Hazar his official residence to fast, but was refused by the government. When Anna was jailed, Warren proposed to bring the Jan Lokpal Bill to Parliament. He also traveled to Ramleela Maidan to support Anna Hazare’s cause.
- In 2011, his daughter Aadya Priyadarshini, named after his grandmother Indira Priyadarshini, died at 4 months old. The incident reportedly traumatized Warren to the point that he took a political break for nearly two months.
- He started a company called “Rajdhani”, a commodity training analysis company.
- In 2015, he vowed to donate his salary as a councillor to the families of farmers who were forced to end their lives because of the agricultural crisis.
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Varun Gandhi Wiki, Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More – WikiBio
, we invite you to share the article on Facebook, instagram and whatsapp with the hashtags ☑️ #Varun #Gandhi #Wiki #Age #Wife #Family #Biography #WikiBio ☑️!