Team Captain Varun Singh Wiki, Age, Death, Wife, Family, Biography, etc. – WikiBio
Captain Warren Singh is a captain in the Indian Air Force who has served as an instructor at the Defence Service Staff College (DSSC) in Wellington, Tamil Nadu. He is the recipient of the Shaurya Chakra, the country’s third highest medal for valor. Varun was the only survivor of the fatal helicopter crash on December 8, 2021, which killed CDS Bipin Rawat, Bipin’s wife Madhulika Rawat and 11 others on board. Varun died on December 15, 2021 at the Bangalore Military Hospital, where he was being treated for severe burns.
Brigade Captain Warren Singh (age unknown) was born in Kanholi Village, Rudrapur tehsil, Deoria District, Uttar Pradesh. He completed his 12th standard at the Chandi Mandir School in Chandigarh.
hair color: salt and pepper
eye color: Black
parents and siblings
His father, KP Singh, is a retired colonel of the Indian Army and is attached to the Army Air Defence Regiment (AAD). His mother’s name was Uma Singh. Varun’s younger brother, Tanuj Singh, is a Lieutenant Colonel in the Indian Navy. His uncle, Akhilesh Pratap Singh, is the Congress leader of Uttar Pradesh.
wife and children
Warren is married and has two children, a son and a daughter.
Singh joined the Indian Defence Force in 2004 after passing the NDA exam. He served in the Indian Air Force under service number 27987 F(P). He is a test pilot with the IAF Light Combat (LCA) Squadron in Bangalore. Warren was appointed Wing Commander on 19 June 2017, and he was recently promoted to IAF’s Brigade Commander, after which he began directing staff officers at the Defence Service Staff College (DSSC) in Wellington, Tamil Nadu.
On 15th August 2021, President Ram Nath Kovind conferred upon Warren Singh and Shaurya Chakras. Varun was the Wing Commander of the Tejas Fighter Squadron of the Indian Air Force at the time. He was honoured with the mind and courage to control his Light Combat (LCA) Tejas fighter during the air emergency that occurred during Singh’s sortie on 12 October 2020. According to the IAF, while Varun was flying at about 10,000 feet, the plane suffered a system failure due to a major technical problem. This resulted in a complete loss of control and the plane began to descend before Singh managed to regain control and land his Tejas safely. The Ministry of Defense revealed in an official statement that cockpit pressurization failed at high altitudes. It says:
he [Varun Singh] Correctly identify the failure and begin descending to a lower altitude landing. On descent, the flight control system failed, causing the plane to lose control completely. It was an unprecedented and catastrophic failure that had never happened…Despite extreme physical and mental stress in extremely life-threatening conditions, he maintained exemplary composure and regained control of the aircraft, thereby showing Extraordinary flying skills. “
On December 15, 2021, Varun Singh, the sole survivor of the plane crash that killed CDS Bipin Rawat and 12 others, died at the Bengaluru Military Hospital, where he was on life support and treated for severe burns.
- Captain Singh wrote a letter to students at the school on September 18, 2021, in which he revealed that he had been passionate about airplanes and aviation since he was a child. Varun also wrote in the letter that he was an ordinary student and could not get the first place in the 12th standard, adding:
I’m a very average student who barely got first place in 12 classes. Even in sports and other extracurricular activities, I was average, even though I was named subject in Year 12. But I am passionate about airplanes and aviation. “
- In the letter, he also talked about being awarded the Valorant Award. Singh wrote:
I believe in this prestigious award [Shaurya Chakra] Thank you to everyone who has contacted me over the years in school, in the NDA, and later in the Air Force, because I firmly believe that my actions that day were the result of the training and guidance of my teachers. Mentor and peer over the years. “
- Captain of the team as liaison officer accompanied Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat and his wife in the IAF Mi- The 17V5 helicopter flew from Delhi to Suror, killing CDS Rawat, his wife and 11 others who were also on board. Varun Singh reportedly suffered 80 to 85 per cent burns and was immediately taken to the military hospital in Wellington, where he was placed on life support and is reported to be fighting for his life. Singh was later moved to Bangalore, according to his father. The report also said the GP captain was conscious before being taken to hospital and asked to speak to his wife. His family was in Mumbai when the news of Warren’s accident was heard.
- The 13 killed in the fatal crash included CDS Rawat and his wife, Brigadier General LS Lidder, Defence Adviser to the Chief of Defence Staff, Lieutenant Colonel Harjinder Singh, NK Gursewak Singh, NK Jitendra Kumar, Vivek Kumar, Lance Naik B Sai Teja, and Hav Satpal.
- Several ministers tweeted their grief over the deadly incident and wished a speedy recovery to Warren Singh, including Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh.
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Team Captain Varun Singh Wiki, Age, Death, Wife, Family, Biography, etc. – WikiBio
, don’t forget to share the article on Facebook, pinterest and whatsapp with the hashtag ☑️ #Team #Captain #Varun #Singh #Wiki #Age #Death #Wife #Family #Biography #WikiBio ☑️!