Soham Shah (Sohum Shah) Wiki, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Family, Biography and More – WikiBio
Soham Shah (also written as Sohum Shah) is an Indian actor, producer and entrepreneur known for his work in the films Ship of Theseus (2015) and Tumbad (2018) .
Soham Shah was born in 1983 (Age 36; same as 2019) in Sri Ganganagar City, Rajasthan. Growing up, he was fascinated by movies.
Height (approximately): 5′ 11″
eye color: dark brown
hair color: Black
Family, Caste and Wife
Soham Shah’s father is a commodities broker.
He has an older brother named Mukesh.
He is married to Soham Productions co-producer Amrita Shah.
The couple has a daughter.
Soham Shah made his debut in the 2009 film “Baabarr” as the main character “Baabarr Qureshi”. Although his first film didn’t do well at the box office, he continued to try and thrive to make a name for himself in the film industry.
Soon, Soham started his own production company called “Recyclewala Films” to create content-driven films.
His breakthrough came in the film Ship of Theseus (2012), a critically acclaimed film in which he played the role of a stockbroker.
He then appeared in the film “Talvar (2015)” directed by Meghna Gulzar. Thornham was praised for his role as a police officer in the film.
After “Talvar”, he was seen playing Kangana Ranaut’s love interest “Sameer” in Hansal Mehta’s “Simran (2017)”.
“Tumbbad (2018)” is Soham’s critically acclaimed film so far. The film is chock-full of superlatives like “must see” and “extensively original film.” The film is considered a horror-fantasy, treasure hunt, emotional father-son drama and a cautionary tale about the consequences of endless greed. The film has since won many prestigious awards.
- food: Maggi, Paratha, Bhutta (Corn)
- Movie: “Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998)”, “Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995)”
- Vacation destination: Amsterdam, Netherlands, Kashmir, India
- Sohum Shah enjoys watching movies, meditating and cycling.
- His father was a commodity broker. When he was a teenager, Sohum used to help his father in a small town in Sri Ganganagar. Recalling that time, Soham said—
My father was a commodity broker and I started working with him very early on. This is the pre-mobile era. I used to jot down messages for him on the landline. I had a sharp voice and people thought I was a girl and they used to say to my father – Apne dukaan pe koi ladki rakhi hui hai, kaam karne ke liye. “
- It was Shahrukh Khan’s film Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995) that inspired his acting career. Speaking about Shah Rukh and DDLJ (Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge), Soham said-
I saw Shah Rukh Khan at Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge and I was blown away. It’s a combination of many things – leather jackets, his wanderings in Europe, drinking beer from a can, and the way he attracts everyone in the movie, even Babuji. “
- A big fan of SRK and his movie DDLJ, he went to see DDLJ by himself at Maratha Mandir in Mumbai when the movie was in theaters for over 1000 weeks.
- His obsession with movies and movie stars was so high that after watching Salman Khan dance to the song “Oh Oh Jane Jaana,” he forced his brother to buy him a pair of jeans.
- His passion for film reached the point where he wanted to move to Mumbai to become an actor. But before acting, he wanted to keep his family and himself financially stable. So he started a real estate company. Talking about his real estate business, Soham said-
My real estate business is where I live. Also, I make movies just because I have that kind of support. I am from a small town (Sri Ganganagar) in Rajasthan and my father is a commodity broker earning Rs. 3000 a month. I started working with him when I was 15-16 years old. I started a real estate business myself. I only started trying my luck in movies after I established myself financially. Moving to a big city like Mumbai is very difficult anyway. It would be foolish to do this without financial stability. “
- After making sure his business was settled, Thornham set off for Mumbai. When he gets there, Soham finds that everything works differently in the city, everything is going too fast. Recalling his first days in town, he said—
I was intimidated by the numbers. Everyone is always in a hurry. I was even afraid to order a cup of coffee. I miss my family…I miss the simplicity of home. But it was a game and I realized I had to play too. “
- While in Mumbai, he attended several performance studios and got in touch with a family friend who helped Soham connect with people in the film industry. After several auditions and rejections, he was finally able to make his debut, Babar.
- National awards for the films “Ship of Theseus” and “Gurabi Gang”; as a producer on both films.
Check more articles in our categories Celebrity & News et Wiki.
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Soham Shah (Sohum Shah) Wiki, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Family, Biography and More – WikiBio
, think about share the article on Facebook, twitter and e-mail with the hashtag ☑️ #Soham #Shah #Sohum #Shah #Wiki #Age #Girlfriend #Wife #Family #Biography #WikiBio ☑️!
Leave a Reply