Shyam Saran Negi Wiki, Age, Caste, Wife, Family, Biography and More – WikiBio
Shyam Saran Negi is a retired school teacher from India.He is best known for First and oldest voter for Indian independence.
Shyam Saran Negi was born on July 1, 1917 (Age 102; as in 2019) In Kalpa, Kinnaul district, Himachal Pradesh. His zodiac sign is Cancer.
Negi started school at the age of 10. He attended a public school in Kalpa until Year 5 before moving to Rampur for further studies. He was 20 years old when he reached the level 10 standard, but refused entry to the level 10 standard on the grounds of being overage. After completing his studies, Negi joined the Forest Department as a ranger. He worked there for 6 years between 1940-1946. Shyam Saran later worked as a junior elementary teacher at Kalpa’s Junior High School, and he retired in 1975 after 23 years of service in the education sector.
eye color: Black
hair color: white
Family, Caste and Wife
Shyam Saran belongs to Hindu Rajput family. He is the son of the late Narayandas. Little is known about his mother. Shyam Saran married Hira Mani. He has 3 sons and 5 daughters. The name of his youngest son is Chand Prakash Neji. Negi lost his eldest son in 2002.
In 2019, BJP worker Pushapraj used the word “Chowkidar” on Shyam’s name. In this regard, Negi lodged a complaint with Deputy Commissioner Kinnaur, saying he did not use any social media platforms and did not authorize anyone other than the HP government and the Election Commission of India to use his name or photo for the performance of their duties. political interests.
- Negi follows a vegetarian diet.
- Shyam Saran is one of 1,011 voters over 100 in Himachal Pradesh (as in 2018).
- Negi lives in Kanang Saring, Kalpa, about 10,000 feet above sea level. This place is known for the quality of its apples.
- Negy first voted on October 25, 1951. The first election was originally scheduled to be held in February 1952, but the Himachal Pradesh election was scheduled to be held 5 months earlier as bad weather and heavy snow were forecast in the area, which would cause trouble for HP residents to reach the polling station . Sham, a former government teacher, was chosen as a pollster in the first election. Negi asked the voting party to allow him to vote and then move to the polling station where he was assigned duties. The official granted his request, and he became the first voter for an independent India.
- In 1951, he was only 33 years old when he voted for the first time in the Lok Sabha elections. On May 19, 2019, he voted for the 17th time in the Himachal Pradesh general election.
- He voted at the same school in the 2014 Lok Sabha election and retired after 23 years of service.
- Negi was just an ordinary voter until 2007, when the electoral commission tracked him down as the first voter for an independent India.
- In 2010, then India’s chief election commissioner, Navin Chawla, visited Shyam Saran’s village to commemorate him as part of the Election Commission’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
- In 2014, Google India produced a video in which Shyam Saran recounted his participation in the first election and also explained to the audience the importance of voting. The video has more views than other videos posted under the same event, featuring well-known faces such as Arjun Rampal, Diya Mirza, Virender Sehwag and Amitabh Bachchan.
- In 2016, Negi made a special appearance in the movie “Sanam Re” starring Yami Gautam, Pulkit Samrat and Urvashi Rautela.
- Shyam Saran is warmly welcomed at the polling station during the Vidhan Sabha election in Himachal Pradesh on November 9, 2017. The electoral commission arranged for him to be picked up and rolled out a red carpet on his way to the polling station.
- Negi has been appointed as a brand ambassador for the Systematic Voter Education and Election Engagement (SVEEP) campaign by the Election Commission of India.
- As of April 2019, Shyam Saran has voted in 28 elections including Lok Sabha Elections, Assembly Elections and Panchayat Elections.
Check more articles in our categories Celebrity & News & Wiki.
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Shyam Saran Negi Wiki, Age, Caste, Wife, Family, Biography and More – WikiBio
, don’t forget to share the article on Facebook, instagram and e-mail with the hashtag ☑️ #Shyam #Saran #Negi #Wiki #Age #Caste #Wife #Family #Biography #WikiBio ☑️!
Leave a Reply