Shruti Haasan Wiki, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Biography and More – WikiBio
Shruti Haasan is an Indian film actress and singer. She has worked in various Tamil, Telugu and Hindi films.
She was born on Tuesday 28 January 1986 (Age 34; same as 2020), in Madras, Tamil Nadu. Her zodiac sign is Aquarius. She attended Abacus Montessori School in Chennai and Lady Andal School in Chennai. She later pursued a degree in psychology at St Andrew’s College in Mumbai. At 18, she moved to the United States from Chennai to study music at the Hollywood School of Music in California.
Height (approximately): 5′ 7″
eye color: hazel
hair color: Black
family and caste
she was born in a Hindu Iyengar Brahmins family. Her father is the legendary Indian actor Kamal Hassan and her mother is the popular Indian actress Sarika Thakur. Kamal Haasan is Tamil, while Sarika’s father is Maharashtra and his mother is Rajput. Shruti has a younger sister, Akshara Haasan, who is also an actress.
The famous lawyer and actor Charu Hassan is her uncle. Shruti is the cousin of South Indian actresses Anu Hasan and Suhasini Maniratnam. The famous Indian director Mani Ratnam is her brother-in-law.
In 2010, she started dating Indian actor Siddharth Suryanarayan. She is reported to be living with Siddhartha. They dated for over a year but then separated due to some incompatibility issues.
In 2011, Shruti was rumored to be dating “Kolaveri Di” singer Dhanush. In 2012, Shruti Haasan denied rumors that she was not in a relationship with him and that he was just her good friend.
According to sources, Shruti and Naga Chaitanya (Nagarjuna’s son) met through a mutual friend in 2013. They became friends and soon started dating. They were often spotted together at various events, and rumours about their marriage began to spread in the media, but the couple later separated. According to a major Indian newspaper,
Shruti had to be on stage, so she asked Naga to take my sister with you when you left. But due to time issues, Naga left Akshara. Shruti and Naga Chaitanya broke up after that.
Shruti’s name is also associated with popular Indian cricketer Suresh Raina.
Later, she began dating London theatre artist Michael Cosell. She is often spotted partying and enjoying vacations with him. She shared the photo with him on her social media account. On April 20, 2019, Michael tweeted about his separation from Shruti. The reason they separated was their long distance relationship.
as an actor
In 2000, she made her big screen debut in the Tamil-Hindi bilingual film Hey Ram, directed by Kamal Haasan. She played Vallabhbhai Patel’s daughter in this film. She made her lead actor debut in the multi-starring Hindi film “Lucky” in 2009. Her childhood friend Imran Khan was also one of the cast members, and she recommended her name to the film’s director. The film turned out to be a flop, and she was heavily criticized by many prominent Indian film critics for her poor acting.
In 2011, she made her Telugu debut in the movie “Anaganaga O Dheerudu” against Siddhartha. The film started well and was highly praised by critics.
In the same year, she debuted as the male lead in the Tamil-language film 7aum Arivu, opposite Suriya.
Later, she starred in many Bollywood films including “Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji” (2011), “Ramaiya Vastavaiya” (2013), “Gabbar Is Back” (2015) and “Behen Hogi Teri” (2017).
Some of her popular Tamil films are “3” (2012), “Poojai” (2014), “Puli” (2015) and “Si3” (2017).
She has also acted in many Telugu films such as “Balupu” (2013), “Yevadu” (2014), “Race Gurram” (2014), “Katamaryudu” (2017) and “Krack” (2020 year).
In 2019, she voiced the animated character “Elsa” in the Tamil version of the hit animated film Frozen. She played the role of “Nila Patel” in the American action TV drama “Stepping Stone” (2019).
In 2020, she appeared in the Hindi short film “Devi” with actors such as Kajol, Neha Dhupia and Neena Kulkarni.
as a singer
At the age of six, she dubbed the song “Potri Paadadi Ponne” in the film “Thevar Magan” (1992). In the 1997 film “Chachi 420”, she voiced the song “Chupadi Chupadi Chaachi” with Aditya Narayan. In 1992, she sang Hindi and Tamil versions of the song “Rama Rama” from the movie “Hey Ram”. She sang many popular songs such as “Kannazhaga Kaalazhaga” from “3” (2012), from “Jogania” in 2012. ‘Tevar’ (2015) and ‘Dappava Kizhichaan’ from ‘LKG’ (2019).
- In 2013, she was attacked by a stalker in her apartment in Mumbai. She fought back and slammed the door behind the attacker’s hand.
- In 2014, it was reported that she hugged and kissed popular actress Tamannaah Bhatia at a party in Chennai. Later, Tamana denied all these rumors.
- In 2017, after announcing its release at the Cannes Film Festival, she opted out of the film Sangamitra. A spokesman for Shruti said in an interview,
She opted out because she did not receive the correct binding script or the correct date calendar. ”
Although the film’s makers have completely different opinions, they say,
Shruti Haasan did not opt out. We don’t think we can cooperate effectively. “
- She was embroiled in a major controversy when some revealing photos of her leaked from scenes from her Telugu film “Yevadu” (2014).
Awards and Honors
Southern Movie Ticket Awards
2012: 7aum Arivu’s Best Female Debut
2012: Best Female Debut by Anaganaga O Dheerudu
Asian Television Awards
year 2013: ‘3’ Tamil Excellence Award
year 2013: fashion actress of south indian movies
year 2013: Pride of South Indian Cinema
2015: Best Actress in Race Guram (Telugu)
2016: Women in leading roles – Srimanthudu
She charges around Rs. 12 million for a movie.
- fashion brand: Guess and Aldo
- Cosmetics Brand: Mac and benefits
- Her full name is Shruti Rajalakshmi Hassan.
- In an interview, she shared about her parents’ marriage, saying,
When I was five years old, I had the privilege of seeing my parents get married. Although we were already a family, my parents wanted two children, and my mom didn’t want to get married until she had a second child. So as soon as my sister Akshala was born, they had a beautiful wedding at home. ”
- While at school, she participated in various theatre performances, one of which was Ashwaha.
- In an interview about her parents’ separation, she said,
When I was 15, my mother and Akshara moved with me to an apartment in Chennai. Since then, she has been financially independent. We grew up in this mansion with swimming pool, but we were attached to home, not house. “
- When she was at school, she used a pseudonym “Pooja Ramchandran” to hide her real identity. She wants to make her own identity and doesn’t want to be recognized as a star daughter.
- She was supposed to make her debut in the film “Endrendrum Punnagai” (2008) opposite R. Madhavan, but the film was shelved before production began.
- She likes to wear stylish shoes. She has more than 100 pairs of shoes.
- According to reports, Shruti’s mother has not spoken to her for several years. Because Shruti has a good relationship with her father’s girlfriend. Later, they sort out the misunderstanding between them.
- She is trained in Indian classical music and is also a trained dancer.
I’m so busy with work that I have nothing to say because these rumors don’t affect me anymore. “
- She likes to go shopping in her free time.
- According to a poll conducted by Chennai Times in 2018, she was named one of the most desirable women in Chennai.
- In 2020, she uploaded a photo on her social media account in which she revealed that she had been knifed for beautification.
Find more articles in our categories Celebrity & News & Wiki.
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Shruti Haasan Wiki, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Biography and More – WikiBio
, help us and share the article on Facebook, twitter and whatsapp with the hashtags ☑️ #Shruti #Haasan #Wiki #Age #Boyfriend #Family #Biography #WikiBio ☑️!
Leave a Reply