Shriya Saran Wiki, Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography and More – WikiBio
Shriya Saran is a popular Indian actress who works mainly in South Indian films. She is known for her acting in super hit films like “Sivaji: The Boss” (2007) and “Drishyam” (2015).
Shriya Saran was born on Saturday 11 September 1982 (Age 37; same as 2020), in Haridwar, Uttarakhand. Her zodiac sign is Virgo. She completed her studies at Delhi Public School, Ranipur, Uttarakhand, and Delhi Public School, Mathura Road, New Delhi. Later, she joined Lady Shriram College in New Delhi to complete her Bachelor of Arts.
high: 5′ 6″
eye color: Brown
hair color: Black
family, caste and husband
Shryasaran was born in Hindu Kayastha family. Her father Pushpinder Saran is a retired civil engineer from BHEL, New Delhi. Her mother, Neerja Saran, is a retired chemistry teacher. She has an older brother, Abhiroop Saran, who works for FCB Ulka Advertising Ltd in Mumbai.
She has many rumored relationships. She reportedly started dating her co-star Jesse Metcalfe while filming “The Other Side of the Line” in 2008.
During the 2012 filming of the film “Midnight’s Children,” Shriya was rumored to be dating actor Siddhartha Narayan.
In 2016, it was rumored that she was dating cricketer Dwayne Bravo.
According to sources, she dated actor Rana Daggubati in 2016.
On March 19, 2018, she married her boyfriend Andrei Koscheff at the Lake Palace Hotel in Udaipur, Rajasthan. He is a Russian businessman and tennis player. A wedding is a private ceremony. Apart from her relatives, Manoj Bajpaiyee and Shabana Azmi were the only actors present at the wedding.
Shriya started learning Kathak and Rajasthani folk dances from her mother at an early age. She joined BHEL’s open-air theatre “Jhankaar” where her father used to work. At the age of 14, she received professional training in Kathak under the tutelage of Shovana Narayan, a mentor in Delhi.
She joined Shovana’s dance group and performed in different cities in India
Shovana invited Shriya to audition for Renoo Nathan’s music video “Thirakti Kyun Hawa”. She auditioned and was selected. The music video was shot in Banaras.
Later, a producer at Ramoji Films (the production company) spotted her in the video and offered her a role in the Telugu film “Ishtam” in 2001.
She got her big break in the 2002 film “Santosham” opposite veteran actor Nagarjuna.
Later, she appeared in many Telugu films including Chennakesava Reddy (2002), Nenunnanu (2004), Balu (2005), Chhatrapati (2005), Don Seenu (2010), Gayatri (2018) and NTR: Kathanayakudu ( 2019).
She made her Bollywood debut in 2003 with the film “Tujhe Meri Kasam” in which she played the role of Girija.
In 2004, she starred in two more Bollywood films “Thoda Tum Badlo Thoda Hum” and “Shukriya: Till Death Do Us Part”. In 2007, she came into the limelight with the Bollywood film “Awarapan” starring Emraan Hashmi.
One of her biggest hits in Bollywood is Drishyam (2015) starring Ajay Devgn.
In 2003, she made her debut in Tamil cinema with the film “Enakku 20 Unakku 18”. Some of her Tamil films are Mazhai (2005), Thiruvilaiyaadal Aarambam (2006), Chandra (2014) and Anbanavan Asaradhavan Adangadhavan (2017).
One of her best Tamil films is Sivaji: The Boss (2007) starring superstar Rajinikanth.
She starred in several Kannada films, including Arasu (2007) and Chandra (2013). Some of her Malayalam films are Pokkiri Raja (2010) and Casanovva (2012).
She has appeared in Hollywood films such as “The Other Side of the Line” (2008), “Cooking with Stella” (2009) and “Midnight Child” (2012).
In addition to movies, she has appeared in various TV commercials including Pond’s Creams, Coca-Cola, Fair & Lovely creams, Pantene Shampoo, Brooke Bond Taj Mahal Tea and Colgate Active Salt Healthy White toothpaste.
In 2015, she appeared on the TV show “Aaj Ki Raat Hai Zindagi” where Amitabh Bachchan joined other celebrities to interact with ordinary people who help improve society and inspire others.
On January 11, 2008, an event was organized to celebrate the Jubilee of the movie “Shivaji: The Boss”. Actor Rajni Kanter and former Tamil Nadu chief minister Karunanidi attended the event. The film’s heroine, Shriya Saran, attended the event in a cropped, deep-neck, ruffled dress. Hindu Makkal Katchi (HMK), Chennai district president Ramamurthy has filed a complaint against her for appearing with such a bold appearance and offending the Hindu culture.
Later, Shriya Saran apologized and said,
I don’t know what effect the outfit I wear during the event will have. I learned about the Jubilee feature while filming a Hindi film in Thanjavur. I came directly from the shoot. ”
Awards and Honors
South Scope Style Award
Year 2008: Sivaji Best Actress: “The Boss”
Year 2009: Exciting new faces for Istanbul Mission
Amrita Mathrubhumi Award
year 2010: Best Actress Kansaswamy Solanai
year 2011: Rotheram Best Actress Award
TV9 TSR National Award
2015: Best Actress in Manam
Santosham Film Awards
2015: Best Actress in Manam
TV9 TSR National Award
2016: gopala best actress gopala
Santosham Film Awards
2016: Gautamiputra Satakarni Best Actress
She charges ten million per movie.
- writer: William Dalrymple
- Cuisine: Hindi and Bengali
- Book: Margaret Mitchell “Gone with the Wind”
- Her full name is Shriya Saran Bhatnagar.
- In 2003, she hosted the 50th Southern Film Festival Awards with actor R. Madhavan.
- She participated in Mani Ratnam’s stage performance “Netru, Indru, Naalai”. This is a fundraiser for ‘The Banyan’, a voluntary organisation for the rehabilitation of homeless women suffering from mental illness in Chennai.
- On February 12, 2010, Shriya Saran spoke at the Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM-A), India. She is the first actress and third celebrity after Shahrukh Khan and Aamir Khan.
- She signed on as a brand ambassador for the Karnataka Milk Federation (KMF) in 2014.
- She has been featured on the covers of prestigious magazines such as Galatta Cinema (2007), Maxim India (2008) and Femina (2012).
- In April 2010, she participated in the opening ceremony of the fourth season of the Indian Premier League (IPL) with Shah Rukh Khan.
- She is also a social activist. She is associated with NGOs such as Blue Cross of India, Nandi Foundation and World Vision.
- In 2010, she opened her own spa in Mumbai called “Shree Spa”, a spa for the visually impaired. She said in an interview,
When I was studying at DPS Mathura Road in Delhi, there was a school for the blind across from our school. I used to go there every week and take the time to see how these students play cricket and do other things normally. That’s what motivates me to do something for these people. “
- She was a brand ambassador for the Celebrity Cricket League (CCL) in 2011 and 2012.
- In 2015, she appeared in “A Night of Comedy in Kapil” with Ajay Devgan and Tabu to promote their movie Drishyam.
- She considers the actor Nagarjuna to be one of her best friends.
- She is not vegetarian and likes to eat fish.
Check more articles in our categories Celebrity & News & Wiki.
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Shriya Saran Wiki, Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography and More – WikiBio
, we invite you to share the article on Facebook, pinterest and whatsapp with the hashtag ☑️ #Shriya #Saran #Wiki #Age #Boyfriend #Husband #Family #Biography #WikiBio ☑️!
Leave a Reply