Shiv Nadar Wiki, Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography and More – WikiBio
Shiv Nadar is a philanthropic Indian billionaire industrialist best known as one of the founders of the multi-billion dollar IT company HCL Technologies. He also regularly makes generous donations through his foundation, the Shiv Nadar Foundation.
Shiv Nadar was born on Saturday 14 July 1945 (Age 76; as of 2021) at the Presidential Palace in Madras, British India (now Madras, Tamil Nadu). His zodiac sign is Cancer. His friends often called him Magus (Persian for wizard). Shiv Nadar attended several schools throughout his school days. He went to Kumbakonam Town High School and then to Elango Corporation High School in Madurai. In June 1955, he attended Town High School until 1957. From there he went to St Joseph Boys High School in Trich and completed his high school education. Shiv Nadar then completed a pre-university degree at the American College in Madurai before graduating with a degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering at PSG Institute of Technology, Coimbatore.
Height (approximately): 5′ 7″
hair color: Black
eye color: half bald
parents and siblings
Shiv Nadar’s father’s name was Sivasubramaniya Nadar and his mother’s name was Vamasundari Devi.
wife and children
Shiv Nadar is married to Kiran Shiv Nadar. She is an avid art collector. They also have a daughter, Roshni Nadar Malhotra, chairman of HCL Technologies.
Shiv Nadar started his career in 1967 with Cooper Engineering Ltd., a Walchand group company in Pune. From there, he moved to the Delhi Fabric Factory, where he worked with his classmates for their marketing team. During this time, he and his friends decided to quit their jobs and develop their own product. Shiv Nadar founded their first company Microcomp with Subhash Arora, Ajai Chowdhry, Yogesh Vaidya, S. Raman, Mahendra Pratap, Arjun Malhotra and DS Puri. The company sells remote digital calculators in the Indian market. Also, in 1976, the capital was Rs. 200,000 rupees, they invested 187,000 rupees in the new direction and established HCL Technologies Ltd. Following the company’s success, HCL expanded its business and entered the international market, opening its first office in Singapore. They sold IT hardware in Singapore, which helped them generate Rs 1 lakh in revenue, allowing them to continue operating. Shiv Nadar is the majority shareholder in the company, but he retains no management control.
In 1989, Shiv Nadar moved to the US computer hardware market, but failed to enter the market due to the existence of Apple and the strict restrictions of the US market. However, in 1991, HCL joined forces with HP to enter the US market and established HCL HP Limited. In 1998, Shiv Nadar divided the business into several different categories – HCL Technologies was a global IT services company, HCL Infosystems became an IT hardware supplier, HCL comnet provided network services to its customers, HCL Perot focused on providing IT applications, And NIIT is the Education Services Wing.
In 1994, Shiv Nadar decided to focus more on his philanthropy and started the Shiv Nadar Foundation. The Foundation’s goal is to benefit future generations by providing them with educational opportunities and a good quality of life. With a passion for philanthropy, Shiv Nadar founded the Sri Sivasubramanium Nadar School of Engineering in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, in 1996. The college is named after his father, who opened several other educational branches on campus over the years. So change it to SSN agency. He then gave away university HCL shares worth Rs. 1 million for their funding. In 2006, he announced that the university would focus on helping students by improving and promoting research, as well as providing other benefits to students working with foreign universities. In 2008, Shiv Nadar Foundation, in collaboration with SHIKSHA Foundation, decided to open two Vidyagyan schools in Uttar Pradesh. These schools provide scholarships to over 200 students from over 50 districts in Uttar Pradesh. In February 2011, Shiv Nadar donated computer hardware worth Rs. 8 million for his old school town high school. Since its inception, Shiv Nadar has donated nearly $1 billion to the Shiv Nadar Foundation.
According to Forbes magazine, Shiv Nadar has a net worth of $28.9 billion, making him the third richest person in India and 71st in the world.
Facts and Trivia
- Shiv Nadar has spent most of his time learning Tamil, and he started speaking English at the age of 22. In college, their teachers used to teach English classes in Tamil, and on weekends, they would screen an English-language film at the college. Nadal often goes to the cinema with friends to watch English movies.
- In 2005, Shiv Nadar was elected to the Executive Committee of the Indian School of Business.
- Kiran Nadar is an avid art collector who displays all of her art collection in two different private museums in Delhi.
- At the 150th session of the University of Madras in 2007, Shiv Nadar was awarded an honorary doctorate by the university along with nine other eminent persons.
- In 2008, Shiv Nadar received the Padma Bhushan Award from the then President of India Smt. Pratibha Patil’s outstanding work in trade and educational development.
- Shiv Nadar named to Forbes Asia Pacific’s “48 Heroes of Philanthropy” list. In 2015, he was named to Forbes International’s “Philanthropist of the Year” list.
- In 2013, Shiv Nadar received the BNP Paribas Personal Philanthropy Award for the Shiv Nadar Foundation and the milestones he achieved with the foundation.
- HCL has launched its first 8-bit processor computer “HCL 8C” priced at Rs. 300,000. In this market, IBM offers commercial and industrial computers at Rs. 500,000 per year.
- Shiv Nadar topped the Hurun India Philanthropy Ranking in 2016 and 2019.
- In July 2020, Shiv Nadar appointed his daughter Roshni Nadar Malhotra as the new chairman of HCL Technologies after stepping down. However, Shiv Nadar continues to serve as the company’s managing director and chief strategy officer.
- In July 2021, Shiv Nadar decided to devote himself to philanthropy, stepping down as Managing Director of HCL Technologies. He will serve as chairman emeritus and strategic advisor to the company.
Check more articles in our categories Celebrity & News et encore Wiki.
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Shiv Nadar Wiki, Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography and More – WikiBio
, we invite you to share the article on Facebook, twitter and whatsapp with the hashtags ☑️ #Shiv #Nadar #Wiki #Age #Wife #Children #Family #Biography #WikiBio ☑️!
Leave a Reply