Laura Dern bio, age, husband, children, oscars, net worth, movies and wiki
Laura Dern is an award-winning American actress recognized for her captivating performances in TV series and film. She has appeared in films such as “Long Rose,” “Wild,” “Mask,” “Blue Velvet,” “Jurassic Park,” “October Sky,” “Citizen Ruth” and “The Fault in the Stars” showed off her acting skills. She was nominated for an Academy Award for her appearance in “A Purposeless Rose.” Next, she will play Vice Admiral Emmeline Holder in the highly anticipated movie Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
She has also featured in TV series like Ellen, F for Family, Last Man on Earth, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and Twin Peaks. The actress has won three Golden Globes for her performances in “Afterburn,” “Recount,” and “Enlightened.” She even picked up some awards at the Primetime Emmys for her performance on the HBO series Big Little Lies. Like many stars, Laura is also very outspoken against the sexual assault of female movie stars in the industry.
- Susan Sarandon Bio, Age, Husband, Daughter, Net Worth, Movies and Wiki
- Maya Rudolph Bio, Parents, Husband, Children, Net Worth, Movies and Wiki
|birth name||Laura Elizabeth Dunn|
|age||(as in 2022) 55 years|
|Sun Sign / Zodiac Sign||Aquarius|
|place of birth||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|date of birth||February 10, 1967|
|Country of Citizenship||American|
|mother’s name||Diane Ladd (actress)|
|father’s name||Bruce Dern (Actor)|
|elder sister||Diane Elizabeth Dunn (died 18 months)|
|other||• George Dern (great-grandfather) (former Utah Governor and Secretary of War)
• Archibald MacLeish (Uncle Zeng Zeng) (poet, author and Librarian of Congress)
|affairs/boyfriend||• Treat Williams (1984-1985)
• Kyle MacLachlan (1985-1989)
• Renee Haring (1991)
• Vincent Spano (1992)
• Jeff Goldblum (1995-1997)
• Billy Bob Thornton (1997-2000)
Marital status, husband and children
|husband/spouse||Ben Harper (m. 2005–2013)|
|wedding date||December 23, 2005
(Divorce completed in September 2013)
|children||Son – Ellery Walker (born 2001)
Daughter – Jaya Harper (born 2004)
|School||Sherman Oaks Buckley School, California|
|College University||Lee Strasbourg School of Drama in Manhattan, New York City
UCLA (drops out two days after joining)
USC Los Angeles (withdrawal after completing one semester)
|Education||Drop out after the first semester|
|Profession||Actress, Film Director, Producer|
|Brand recognition||Print ad for The GAP apparel|
|professional manager||Untitled entertainment|
Height, Weight and Body Measurements
|height (approximately)||in cm – 176.5 cm
in meters – 1.76 m
feet inches – 5’9 ½”
|Weight (approximately)||in kilograms – 61 kilograms
in pounds – 135 pounds
|breast size||34 inches|
|hip size||33 inches|
Extra ordinary functions
|clothing size||6-8 (US)|
|shoe size||11 (US)|
|favorite book||The Good Life of Pema Chödrön in Uncertainty and Change|
|favorite photographer||Emmanuel Lubezki|
|favorite movie||Like People (1980)|
The journey of life
Laura Dern was born on February 10, 1967 in Los Angeles, the daughter of stars Bruce Dern and Diane Ladd. Dunn was informed about film sets and the film industry from the start, and landed several small roles as a child. Her parents separated when Dern was two years old, so Dern cut ties with his father for several years.
Her parents’ background and her own early taste in the world of filmmaking soon instilled young Dunn to pursue her own acting. Like many young actors, her decisions may have been influenced by the social ineptitude of the children of ’60s counterculture parents, soaked in Eastern mysticism and political activism, and seen as eccentric by her more traditional classmates.
Her ungainly looks wasn’t supported—even before her teenage years, she had reached most of her heady 5’10” height, scrawny (except for her precocious hips) and big feet , squatting position, and for everyone this is often annoyed by classmates. Perhaps nine-year-old Dunn found a stronghold by studying acting at the Lee Strasbourg School of Drama.
Laura met musician Ben Harper at a concert in 2000 and started dating. After five years of dating, the couple married on December 23, 2005 at their Los Angeles home. They have two biological children – Ellery Walker (son, born in 2001) and Jaya Harper (daughter, born in 2004). In 2010, Ben Harper filed for divorce. However, the couple appeared together at the 2012 Golden Globes. Their divorce was finalized in 2013.
Laura Dern net worth
Laura Dern has a net worth of $20 million.
|2022 Estimated Net Worth (Approx.)||$20 million|
|2021 Estimated Net Worth (Approx.)||under review|
|annual salary||under review|
|Source of income||Actress, Film Director, Producer|
According to media reports, she has appeared in around 50 films and grossed $4,139,855,810 worldwide.
- Steve Harvey Bio, Age, Height, Wife, Children, Net Worth, Movies and Wiki
- Eva Mendes Biography, Age, Height, Husband, Children, Movies, Wiki & Net Worth
Laura Dern Movies & TV Shows
- Her first acting role was in the 1973 film White Lightning. But she only found success when she played one of the leading roles in the 1980 film The Fox. The film premiered on February 29, and her work has been well-received.
- In 1981, Laura Dern appeared in the TV series “Shannon” and later played Jessica McNeill in “Ladies and Gentlemen, Mythical Stain”. Her performance in the film earned her the Miss Golden Globe Award.
- Dunn then appeared in a number of minor roles in TV movies such as “Happy Endings” and “Billy Grier’s Three Wishes”. She also received critical acclaim for her role as Diane in the satirical comedy The Teacher.
- She landed two major roles in 1985, which made her a rich star in the industry. She first appeared as Diana in the biographical drama “Mask,” which also starred Cher, and then played the lead role of Connie in the thriller “Talk.”
- 1986 was the year Dern first worked with legendary director David Lynch. She played the role of Sandy Williams in the crime thriller “Blue Velvet.” She would go on to work with Lynch on four other films throughout her career.
- Despite her acclaimed acting skills, Dunn had only moderate success between 1988 and 1990. During this time, she starred in films such as ‘Haunted Summer’, ‘Fat and Little Boy’, as well as the TV series ‘Nightmare Classic’. She also had small roles in “Wild at Heart” and “Industrial Symphony No. 1: Heartbroken Dreams.”
- In 1991, she played the leading role in the TV series “Long Rose”. Interestingly, her mother was also part of the crew. The film premiered on September 20, and both Laura and Diane were nominated for Oscars at the 1992 Academy Awards.
- By 1993, Laura was already a well-known Hollywood star, which led her to star in the seminal blockbuster Jurassic Park alongside Sam Neill and Jeff Goldblum.
- In the same year, Clint Eastwood also starred in “Perfect World”.
- The actress appeared in the 1995 TV movie “Blackbird” and then voiced a character named Joan in the “Frasier” series.
- The following year, she played the role of Ruth Stoops in Alexander Payne’s directorial “Citizen Ruth.”
- Laura Dern plays Susan in the TV series Ellen. Her character appears in two episodes. In the April 30, 1997 episode of “Puppy”, she played a lesbian who encouraged Ellen to come out. This episode became famous because it was a true representation of Ellen DeGeneres as a lesbian, and it was hugely controversial.
- From 1999 to 2001, Dunn starred in films such as “Season of Wonders,” “October Sky,” “New Caine,” “Focus,” “I Am Sam,” and “Goose.” She also had a small role in Jurassic Park 3.
- From 2002 to 2003, the actress started appearing more on television. She played American Poet Laureate Tabatha Futis in the TV series “West Wing” and Linda Pinault in the critically acclaimed TV movie “Care for the Damage.” She also voiced the characters Catherine and the Handmaiden in the animated series King of the Hill.
- In 2004, the actress played Terry Lyndon in the award-winning film We Don’t Live Here Anymore. She was nominated for the second best acting actress at the Seattle Film Critics Awards.
- David Lynch cast her in the 2006 film Inland Empire, and she also had a small role in Lonely Heart.
- The following year, Dunn starred in the comedy film The Year of the Dog.
- The 2008 TV movie “Reprise” starring Dunn and Kevin Spacey among others won her a Golden Globe.
- Over the next few years, she starred in films such as Tenderness and All the Best.
- Dunn then played the lead role of Amy Jellicoe in the 2011 HBO drama “Enlightened.” Critics praised her for her good portrayal of a self-destructive woman looking to lead an enlightened life.
- In 2014, Dunn appeared in a number of TV series and films, such as “The Kroll Show,” “Drunken History,” “When The Game Stands” and “99 Homes.” She also played the role of Shailene Woodley’s mother in the romantic hit drama “The Fault of the Stars.” She was then nominated for an Oscar for her performance in “Wild.”
- In 2017, she starred in several award-winning TV shows. She won for her role as Renata Klein in “Big Little Lies.” She also voiced the animated series “F Is for Family” and played Diane Evans in the series “Twin Peaks: Homecoming.”
- She also plays the role of Vice Admiral Emmeline Holder in the upcoming film Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
|1974||Alice doesn’t live here anymore|
|1982||Ladies and gentlemen, fabulous stain|
|1983||Grizzly II: Predator|
|1989||fat man and little boy|
First Industrial Symphony
a perfect world
asshole from carolina
|2000||Dr. T and women|
|2001||dad and them
Jurassic Park III
i am sam
|year 2004||we don’t live here anymore|
Defiance Award Winner, Ohio
|year 2006||lonely person
Check more articles in our categories Celebrity & News ou encore Wiki.
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Laura Dern bio, age, husband, children, oscars, net worth, movies and wiki
, help us and share the article on Facebook, twitter and e-mail with the hashtag ☑️ #Laura #Dern #bio #age #husband #children #oscars #net #worth #movies #wiki ☑️!
Leave a Reply