Kendrick Lamar Biography, Age, Children, Facts, Albums & Net Worth
Kendrick Lamar is an American rapper, composer and music producer. After releasing Good Kid, MAAD City in 2012, Lamar is considered one of the most important rappers of his era. In 2018, he wrote and composed 14 songs for the critically acclaimed superhero film Black Panther.
Lamar has won several awards during his musical career, notably 13 Grammy Awards, 1 Pulitzer Prize, 6 Billboard Music Awards, 11 MTV Video Music Awards, 2 American Music Awards and 1 Brit Award. Three of Lamar’s studio albums were included in Rolling Stone’s list of the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.
Kendrick Lamar Bio/Wiki
The journey of life
Kendrick Lamar Duckworth was born on June 17, 1987 in Compton, California, to a Chicago couple. Although not a gang member, he grew up in a gang environment, his closest friends are Westside Piru Bloods and his father Kenny Duckworth, a gang disciple.
Lamar’s mother gave him the nickname Eddie Kendricks in honor of “Temptation” American singer-songwriter Eddie Kendricks. He grew up in Public Aid and Section 8 accommodation.
Lamar watched his heroes Tupac Shakur and Dr. Dre record music for their hit single “California Love” when he was eight years old, which became a pivotal experience in his life.
Lamar attended McNair Elementary School and Pioneer Learning Center in the Compton Unified School District as a child. He was an all-eugenics student at Compton Centennial High School in his youth.
In 2004, 16-year-old Lamar released his debut album “The Youngest Niggas Leader” under the pseudonym K.Dot. After that, there was no turning back for Lamar.
Kendrick Lamar net worth
Kendrick Lamar’s net worth is estimated to be around $75 million.
|2022 Estimated Net Worth (Approx.)||$75 million|
|2021 Estimated Net Worth (Approx.)||$75 million|
|Source of income||Rapper
Kendrick Lamar started his career at the age of 16. He was successful in music. He made millions over a two-year career. Lamar currently lives in a $9.7 million mansion near Manhattan Beach in Los Angeles.
- In 2004, when he was 16, Kendrick Lamar released his debut mixtape under the pseudonym K-Dot. In addition to getting him signed with Top Dawg Entertainment, his albums also earned him recognition in the region. The label released a 26-song mixtape in 2005 called “Training Day”.
- From 2006 to 2007, Lamar worked with rappers such as Ya Boy and Jay Rock.
- Rapper The Games mentioned Lamar by his pseudonym in his songs “The Cypha” and “Cali Niggaz.”
- In 2008, he appeared on Jay Rock’s single “All My Life (In the Ghetto)” released by Warner Bros.
- After the release of “C4”, he appeared in Wayne’s “Carter III LP”. During this time he stopped using his pseudonym at work and started using his original name.
- Kendrick Lamar then released the “Kendrick Lamar EP (Extended Play)” that year.
- Along with Jay Rock, Schoolboy Q and Ab-Soul, Lamar formed a hip-hop group called Black Hippy in 2009. Most of the time, each team member appears on each other’s tapes and videos.
- Kendrick Lamar released a compilation tape called Overly Dedicated in 2010, which was included on the Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Albums Chart. The album reached number 13 on the Billboard 200 after its digital release in 2011 under the title “Section.80”.
- With cameos and album releases, Kendrick Lamar was wildly popular during this period.
- Snoop Dogg, Game and Dr. Dre called him “the new king of the west coast” at the 2011 concert. In 2011, he collaborated with Windows Phone on an original track called “Cloud 10”.
- A year after releasing his first album “Good Kid”, Lamar released “MAAD City”. The albums received critical acclaim and were nominated for that year’s Grammy Awards.
- In 2013 and 2014, he took part in several tours. Additionally, Lamar has appeared on albums by artists such as Tame Impala, YG and SZA. In 2014, he released the single “I” from the album To Pimp a Butterfly. After the album was released, it received rave reviews.
- Taylor Swift covers his song “Bad Blood” in the official 2015 mix and video. It topped the Billboard Hot 100 chart. An unfinished compilation titled “Untitled Unmastered” was released in 2016.
- Kendrick Lamar released a promotional track titled “The Heart Part 4” in 2017. He then released a video of the lead single “Humble”.
- He then released a video for his next album, “Album,” featuring cameos by U2, Rihanna and Zachary. In addition to being certified platinum by the RIAA, the album topped the Billboard 200 chart for the first time.
- In 2018, Lamar produced and curated Black Panther: The Album. Marvel Studios superhero film Black Panther with the soundtrack of Top Dawg Entertainment founder Anthony Tiffith.
- Kendrick also made his debut in 2018, playing Dominican drug addict Laces in the fifth season of Starz’s TV series Power.
- In 2021, Lamar has teased an album that will be his last under the TDE label, his last after a four-year hiatus. The rapper later returned with the single “Family Ties” starring his cousin and Baby Keem.
- Kendrick was the first musician to win a Pulitzer Prize.
- Lamar is a straight-A student.
- In Lamar’s mother’s kitchen, the rapper wrote most of his debut album, DAMN.
- Kendrick Lamar comes from a mafia family.
- Kendrick Lamar, formerly known as K.Dot.
- Kendrick is engaged to his high school sweetheart.
- Eddie Kendricks of The Temptations inspired Lamar’s name.
- Lamar’s cousin is Nick Young.
Is Kendrick Lamar a billionaire?
No, he’s not a billionaire.
What is Kendrick Lamar’s net worth?
Is Kendrick Lamar religious?
He is a born again Christian.
What is unique about Kendrick Lamar?
Kendrick is the first person in history to win a Pulitzer Prize in hip-hop and music.
Does Kendrick Lamar have a tattoo?
Yes, he only has one tattoo.
Did Kendrick go to college?
Centennial Middle School.
Where is Kendrick Lamar’s house?
Discover more articles in our categories Celebrity & News et encore Wiki.
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Kendrick Lamar Biography, Age, Children, Facts, Albums & Net Worth
, we invite you to share the article on Facebook, instagram and e-mail with the hashtag ☑️ #Kendrick #Lamar #Biography #Age #Children #Facts #Albums #Net #Worth ☑️!
Leave a Reply