Jessica Lange Bio, Age, Children, King Kong, Net Worth, Movies and Wiki
Jessica Lange is an American actress who has gained international recognition for her work in theatre, film and television. She started her career as a model and was noticed by filmmaker Dino De Laurentiis while modeling for the Wilhelmina Modeling Agency. Lange started making her films with the 1976 film “King Kong,” for which she won her first Golden Globe. She went on to star in many other films including “Tootsie”, “Country”, “Music Box”, “Sweet Dreams”, “Frances”, “Grey Gardens” and “Blue Sky” to name a few. During her extensive career, she has won several prestigious awards including an Oscar.
In fact, she’s one of 26 actresses to win an Oscar for a comedy role. In addition to being an actress, Lange is a professional photojournalist and her work has been featured in Howard Greenberg Gallery, Butler Institute of American Art, Ross Gallery, Polk Art Museum, Cascais Cultural Center and Art Gallery and many other galleries on display. Currently, she is a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador, receiving HIV/AIDS training in the Democratic Republic of Congo and Russia. A little-known fact about the American entertainer is that she has also funded several songs as a singer.
|birth name||Jessica Phyllis Lange|
|age||(as of 2022) 73 years|
|religion||She does not follow any fixed religion, but she is often Buddhist.|
|Sun Sign / Zodiac Sign||Taurus|
|place of birth||United StatesMinnesotaClockay|
|date of birth||April 20, 1949|
|Country of Citizenship||American|
|mother’s name||Dorothy Florence (Housewife)|
|father’s name||Albert John Lange (teacher and traveling salesman)|
|brother||George Lange (young)|
|elder sister||• Ann Lange (senior)
• Jane Lange (older)
|other||• George Oscar Alexander Lange (grandfather)
• Tena Trientje Eitens (grandmother)
• George Ilmar Sahlman (grandfather)
• Lillian Elvira Buskala (grandmother)
|affairs/boyfriend||• Bob Fosse (1970s)
• Mikhail Baryshnikov (1976-1982)
• Sam Shepard (1982–2009)
Marital status, husband and children
|husband/spouse||Paco Grande (m. 1970–1981)|
|wedding date||July 29, 1970|
|children||• Daughter – Hannah Jane Shepard (b. 1985) (with her partner Sam Shepard)
Shura Baryshnikov (b. 1981) (with her partner Mikhail Baryshnikov)
• Son- Samuel Walker Shepard (with her partner Sam Shepard)
|School||cloquet high school|
|College University||University of Minnesota|
|Profession||Actress, Model, Singer and Photographer|
|Brand recognition||Marc Jacobs Beauty Brands|
|professional manager||• Brian Swardstrom
• Untitled entertainment
• Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, CA, USA
Height, Weight and Body Measurements
|height (approximately)||in cm – 173 cm
in meters – 1.73 m
feet inches – 5’8″
|Weight (approximately)||in kilograms – 63 kilograms
in pounds – 139 pounds
|breast size||36 inches|
|hip size||36 inches|
Extra ordinary functions
|clothing size||Not available|
|shoe size||8.5 (US)|
|favorite novelist||Emile Zola|
|Favorite American Horror Story season||The Freak Show (Season 4)|
|favorite partner||Kim Stanley|
The journey of life
Jessica Lange was born on April 20, 1949 in Clokai, Minnesota. Lange was the third of four children, born Dorothy Florence and Albert John Lange, a lecturer and salesman. As a child, Lange’s family kept moving because of his father’s frequent job changes.
Lange later learned her family “lived like gypsies”. But instead of giving up this short-lived way of life, Lange made the mistake of traveling. When she joined the University of Minnesota as an art student in 1967, she had a huge dream of seeing the world.
In the spring of 1968, before she finished her freshman year, Lange met and fell in love with Paco Grande, a 24-year-old photography instructor. Lange and Grande left school and moved to the United States and Europe. They mostly lived in Grande’s van, and Lange made many of Grande’s friends in the film industry.
They briefly returned to Minnesota in July 1970, where they married. The newlyweds moved to New York and eventually became part of the SoHo art community. While Grande worked on film projects, Lange, influenced by French cinema, decided to study pantomime.
In 1971 Lange moved to Paris to study pantomime with lecturer Etienne Decroux. Her two years of education at De Crewe sparked her interest in acting, and in 1973 she returned to New York to pursue a film career.
Jessica Lange net worth
Jessica Lange has a net worth of $15 million.
|2022 Estimated Net Worth (Approx.)||$15 million|
|2021 Estimated Net Worth (Approx.)||under review|
|annual salary||under review|
|Source of income||Actress, Model, Singer and Photographer|
First appearance in “King Kong”‘
While abroad, Lange’s marriage to Paco Grande broke down. Grande resigned from Lange in New York, where she started working as a waitress and model at the Wilhelmina agency to make ends meet.
In 1975, filmmaker Dino De Laurentiis spoke with Lange’s modeling agency to find an actress to star in his New King Kong movie. A Wilhelmina representative suggested Lange for the role. She landed the role after a Hollywood screen evaluation.
“King Kong” was released in 1976 and was a box office hit. However, reviews of Lange were generally negative and focused on the fact that Lange was a former model. Although she signed a seven-year acting contract with De Laurentiis, Lange did not work for three years after King Kong’s release.
In this twist, Lange met Russian dancer Mikhail Baryshnikov, and the two began dating.
- Drew Barrymore Biography, Age, Spouse, Children, Net Worth, Movies & Wiki
- Kate Winslet Bio, Age, Spouse, Children, Titanic, Net Worth, Movies and Wiki
Jessica Lange Movies & TV Shows
- Jessica Lange started her modeling career at Wilhelmina Modeling Agency. She soon started acting and starred in the 1976 film King Kong. After that, she played the Angel of Death in a semi-autobiographical film called “All That Jazz.”
- In 1980 she completed the arrival of “How to Overcome the High Cost of Living” with Susan Saint James and Jane Curtin. A year later, she starred in the film The Postman Always Rings Twice.
- The actress played the lead role of actress Francis Farmer in the 1982 biopic “Francis.” She then formed and starred in the hit film The Country in 1984. That same year, Lange appeared in the TV movie “Cat on the Heat.” Tin roof’.
- She has since played Percy Klein in the film Sweet Dreams. In the late 1980s, her low-key films “Crimes of the Heart,” “Far North,” and “Everybody’s an American” pursued this.
- Between 1990 and 1992, the American beauty appeared in the films “Men Don’t Leave” and “Cape Fear” as well as in the TV movie “O Pioneers!” During this time, she also starred as Blanche Du in “A Streetcar Named Desire” The corner of Boyce makes its Broadway debut.
- She played key roles in the mid-1990s films Lost Isaiah, Rob Roy and A Thousand Acres. In 1998, she appeared in the thriller “Shh” and the comedy “Bette’s Cousin.”
- In 1999, Jessica Lange appeared in the film adaptation of William Shakespeare’s play Titus Andronicus. The film, titled “Titus,” also highlights Alan Cumming and Anthony Hopkins.
- She made it happen in the London stage play “A Long Day’s Night Journey”. Then after realizing it in the 2001 film “Prozac”, she starred in the HBO TV movie “Ordinary” in 2003. That year, the actress also filmed the films “Masked and Anonymous” and “Big Fish.”
- In 2005, she starred in the big screen movies “Broken Flower”, “Don’t Knock on the Door” and the drama “The Glass Menagerie”.
- In 2009, Lange played Big Edie in the TV movie “Grey Gardens”.
- In 2011, she followed the cast of the horror anthology series titled “American Horror Story” and continued to perform in multiple seasons of the show, including “American Horror Story: Asylum”, “American Horror Story: The Witch’s Meeting” and “American Horror Story: The Freak Show.”
- In 2013 and 2014, the American beauty starred in the films The Secret and The Gambler. She then starred in the movie Wild Oats in 2016.
- That year, she also participated in the web drama “Horace and Pete”. Lange next starred in, and co-produced, an anthology series called Feud: Betty and Joan.
|1980||How to Overcome the High Cost of Living|
|1981||Postman always double-clicks|
|1986||sin of the heart|
everyone is american
|1990||man do not leave|
|1992||night and city|
a tram called desire
|Year 2003||Masked and anonymous
don’t knock on the door
List of TV shows and series
|1984||cat on a hot tin roof|
|1995||A streetcar named desire|
|1998||my childhood story|
|2011||American Horror Story: Murder House|
|2012–13||American Horror Story: Asylum|
|2013–14||American Horror Story: Cowen|
|2014–15||American Horror Story: The Freak Show|
|2016||horace and pete|
|2017||Feud: Betty and Joan|
|2018||American Horror Story: Apocalypse|
- She is vegetarian.
- She wanted to be a painter before becoming an actress.
- She went through a period of depression but never believed in seeking treatment.
- Jessica has published several books of her photographs. In 2008, it was published under the title 50 photographs (a collection of black and white). In 2010 it was a series called In Mexico, and in 2013 she presented a children’s picture book revealing It’s About a Little Bird.
- She became a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador on 2 June 2003, focusing on HIV/AIDS and immunization.
- She supports the cause of Buddhist monks in Nepal.
- Jessica has been outspoken about “ageism” in Hollywood, noting that it applies to men’s perspectives.
- Her daughter Aleksandra and her husband have two granddaughters named Adah and Ilse Bryan.
- She has a curvy moon tattoo on her hip, which she got when she was 19 in Paris.
- In 2016, she became the 22nd actor in American entertainment history to win the acting triple crown.
- She is not active on any social media sites.
Find more articles in our categories Celebrity & News et Wiki.
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Jessica Lange Bio, Age, Children, King Kong, Net Worth, Movies and Wiki
, help us and share the article on Facebook, instagram and whatsapp with the hashtag ☑️ #Jessica #Lange #Bio #Age #Children #King #Kong #Net #Worth #Movies #Wiki ☑️!
Leave a Reply