Jessica Chastain Biography, Age, Height, Husband, Movies, Wiki and Net Worth
Jessica Chastain is an American actress and filmmaker known for her strong-willed female characters in feminist-themed films. She was nominated for two Oscars and won a Golden Globe. Born in California, USA, she became interested in acting after seeing Joseph and the Magical Colorful Dreamcoat. She made her professional stage debut in the production of “Romeo and Juliet” and made her film debut in the theatrical film “Jolyn.” Her popularity grew with her roles in films such as “Refuge,” “Help,” “Mom,” and “Interstellar.”
She won a Golden Globe in the “Best Actress” category for her performance in “Zero Dark Thirty.” She is known for her strong but flawed female characters, many of which are popular for her advocacy of feminist ideals. An outspoken feminist, she is known for her vocal support for equal pay for equal work and rejects work she believes offers unfair pay. Time magazine listed her as one of the most influential people in the world in 2012.
|birth name||Jessica Michelle Chastain|
|age||(as in 2022) 45 years|
|Sun Sign / Zodiac Sign||Aries|
|place of birth||Sacramento, California, United States|
|date of birth||March 24, 1977|
|Country of Citizenship||American|
|mother’s name||Jerri Chastain (Vegetarian Chef)|
|father’s name||Michael Monasterio (Aspiring Rocker) (died on February 5, 2013 from complications of bronchitis. He was 55 years old)|
|elder sister||Juliet Chastain (sister) (suicide)|
|other||Michael Hastey (stepfather) (firefighter)
Nicole Abbey (half-sister)
Lacy Smoot (half-sister)
|affairs/boyfriend||Édgar Ramírez (2012) – In 2012, during the filming of Zero Dark Thirty (2012), the two were rumored to be dating.
Tom Hiddleston (2012-2013) – British actor Tom Hiddleston was rumored to be dating Jesse in 2012. They separated in January 2013.
Marital status, husband and children
|husband/spouse||Gian Luca Passi De Preposulo (2017-present)|
|wedding date||June 10, 2017|
|children||Daughter – Juliet, via surrogacy|
|School||Sacramento El Camino High School|
|College University||Sacramento City College
The Juilliard School of New York City
|Education||Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) Degree|
|Profession||Actress (theater, film, television)|
|Brand recognition||In 2012, she was the face of Yves Saint Laurent’s new feminine fragrance, Manifesto. She used the spicy opium perfume when she was 12 when an aunt gave her a half-full bottle.|
Height, Weight and Body Measurements
|height (approximately)||in cm – 163 cm
in meters – 1.63 m
feet inches – 5′ 4″
|Weight (approximately)||in kilograms – 56 kilograms
in pounds – 124 pounds
|breast size||36 inches|
|hip size||35 inches|
Extra ordinary functions
|clothing size||8 (US) or 40 (EU) or 12 (UK)|
|shoe size||7 (US) or 37.5 (EU) or 4.5 (UK)|
|favorite movie||British Patient (1996)|
|favorite actor||Ralph Fiennes|
|favorite tv show||The Sopranos (1999-2007)|
Jessica Michelle Chastain was born on March 24, 1977 in California, United States. Her father, Michael Monasterio, was a rock musician. Her mother’s name was Jerry Renee Hastie. Her parents were teenagers when she was born.
Chastain was raised by her mother and stepfather. She was estranged from her biological father, whose name was not on her birth certificate. She has two sisters and two brothers. One of her siblings, Juliet, committed suicide in 2003 after battling drug addiction.
She studied at El Camino Elementary High School in Sacramento. She became interested in acting after seeing Joseph and the Magical Colorful Dreamcoat.
She made her professional stage debut in the production of “Romeo and Juliet” (1998), in which she played Juliet. She was eventually accepted to The Juilliard School, where she received her Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in 2003. Her scholarship is funded by renowned actor and comedian Robin Williams.
Chastain married Italian fashion executive Gian Luca Passi de Preposulo in June 2017. The following year, they welcomed daughter Giulietta through surrogacy. The family lives in New York City.
Jessica Chastain net worth
Jessica Chastain has a net worth of $40 million.
|2022 Estimated Net Worth (Approx.)||$40 million|
|Net worth for the previous year in 2021 (approximately)||under review|
|annual salary||under review|
|Source of income||Actress (theater, film, television)|
A lifelong animal lover, Jessica was a pescatarian for many years before becoming a fully practicing vegetarian. Her veganism prompted Jessica to make an early investment in plant-based food company Beyond Meat. Beyond Meat is known to be one of the most successful IPOs of 2019. Jessica also appeared in the company’s ad.
In May 2019, Jessica paid $8.875 million for a New York City townhouse. The 6,600-square-foot seven-bedroom has been on the market for more than two years with an initial price of $11.5 million. She owns another New York City condo, which she bought in 2015 for $5.1 million. She also owns a house in the Pacific Palisades area of Los Angeles.
Advocacy and Personal Life
The personal tragedy of the suicide of Chastain’s 24-year-old sister Juliet in 2003 inspired the actress to work to raise awareness about depression and mental health. She supports various charities, including Writing Love on Her Arm, a nonprofit dedicated to helping those battling depression, addiction, self-harm and suicide.
Chastain, who launched the female-led Freckle Films in 2016, is one of Hollywood’s most outspoken advocates for equal rights. When news broke that Michelle Williams was paying co-star Mark Wahlberg for the remake of “All the Money in the World” (2017), Chastain helped raise eyebrows. This disparity concerns (Walberg later donated his salary to Time Magazine’s Increase Legal Defense Fund).
Later, her former “The Help” co-star Octavia Spencer revealed that Chastain insisted they get equal pay when they were co-selling a project, resulting in Spencer being paid five times her usual salary.
- Ryan Gosling Biography, Age, Height, Family, Children, Movies, Wiki, Net Worth
- Lucy Liu Bio, age, height, husband, son, net worth, movies, tv and wiki
Jessica Chastain Movies & TV Shows
- Beginning in 2008, Chastain began to focus on big screen roles. In 2010, roles in small films – such as Jolene (her first starring film role) and Stolen, had a supporting role in The Debt (with Helen Mirren and Tom Wilkinson).
- In 2011, the actress got off to a good start with the hit series Take Shelter (to which she garnered various accolades). While that film was a quiet success, Jessica Chastain wasn’t in the limelight for long, as 2011 was her breakout year.
- After Chastain starred alongside Al Pacino in Wilde’s Salome, he recommended her to director Terrence Malik for a role in the upcoming Tree of Life.
- Chastain got the role, playing a grief-stricken wife opposite Brad Pitt, the same year (2011) she appeared in smash hit Help, as well as Coriolanus and the Texas Killing Fields .
- Chastain released several new films in 2011, including Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted (2012) and Katherine Bigelow’s film about the hunt for Osama bin Laden, Zero Dark Three Ten” (2012).
- For her performance as a real-life CIA agent in Zero Dark Thirty, Chastain received a 2013 Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Motion Picture Drama, as well as an Academy Award nomination.
- In 2014, Chastain starred in the romantic drama “The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby” with James McAvoy and played a scientist in Christopher Nolan’s sci-fi epic “Interstellar.”
- Other film projects that year included “Miss Jolie” and “The Most Violent Year,” for which Chastain earned another Golden Globe nomination. Chastain played the astronaut commander in The Martian in 2015, opposite Matt Damon, while also co-starring in the visually compelling horror film Crimson Peak.
- In 2016, Chastain starred in the fantasy adventure film “Hunter: Winter’s War,” a sequel to “Snow White and the Huntsman” (2012), co-starring Chris Hemsworth and Charlize Theron .
- She also starred in the 2016 political thriller “Miss Sloan,” as a conservative lobbyist working as a gun lobbyist in Washington, D.C. Chastain was nominated for a Golden Globe for the lead role.
- In 2017, Chastain played Antonina Zabinskini in The Zookeeper’s Wife, a film based on the true story of a husband and wife team that sheltered 300 Jews at the Warsaw Zoo during the Holocaust.
- That year, the actress was nominated for a Golden Globe for her role in another unusual true story, Molly’s Game, about an elite skier who sets out to run one of the world’s most exclusive highlands. Risky poker game.
- In 2018, Chastain starred in the biographical period drama “Woman Walks Ahead,” depicting portraitist Caroline Weldon as she seeks to meet and paint the Lakota hero Sitting Bull. The following year, she reunited with McAvoy to star in the X-Men’s Dark Phoenix and horror film Chapter Two.
tree of Life
Texas Killing Fields
|2012||Madagascar 3: Europe’s most wanted man
color of time
Zero Dark Thirty
The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby
most violent year
|2016||Hunter: Winter’s War
|2017||I’m Jane Doe
the zookeeper’s wife
woman walking ahead
|2018||this changes everything|
it chapter two
|Not yet published||Ava
Tammy Faye’s eyes
List of TV shows and series
|year 2004||dark shadow
|2005–06||Law & Order: Trials by Jury|
|year 2006||almost home
|2010||Poirot of Agatha Christie|
|2018||saturday night live|
- She was raised by her mother and stepfather.
- In 2012 and 2013, she attended the Oscars with her grandmother, Marilyn.
- Jessica was born when her mother Jerry was 16 and her father Michael was 17. Jessica’s sister Juliet was born a year and a half later.
- She refused to attend a memorial service for her biological father, Michael, after her death at 55 due to complications from bronchitis.
- Jessica has a dog named Chaplin, a three-legged rescue dog.
- She is now a vegetarian. But, for most of her life, she was a pescatarian.
- She previously played the role of Maya Hansen in the film Iron Man 3, which was later handed to Rebecca Hall.
- She was one of 176 people invited to the American Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS) in 2012.
- In 2013, she…
Check more articles in our categories Celebrity & News et Wiki.
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Jessica Chastain Biography, Age, Height, Husband, Movies, Wiki and Net Worth
, we invite you to share the article on Facebook, instagram and e-mail with the hashtags ☑️ #Jessica #Chastain #Biography #Age #Height #Husband #Movies #Wiki #Net #Worth ☑️!
Leave a Reply