Anya Taylor-Joy Wiki, Height, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Biography and More – WikiBio
Anya Taylor-Joy is an American-born, Argentine-British actress best known for playing Kathy Cook in the psychological horror thrillers Split (2016) and Glass (2019). In 2020, she rose to fame as Beth Harmon in the Netflix miniseries The Queen’s Gambit (2020). The characters and plot of the play are deeply loved by film critics, who appreciate her acting skills very much.
Anya Taylor-Joy was born Anya Josephine Marie Taylor-Joy on Tuesday, April 16, 199625 years old; as of 2021), in Miami, Florida. When Anya was very young, the family moved to Buenos Aires, Argentina, where she stayed until she was six years old. The family then moved to London, England, but Anya disagreed and decided not to study English for two years; hoping her parents would consider moving back to Argentina. Before moving to London, Anya attended Northland School in Argentina. After moving to London, she went to Hillhouse International Primary School in Chelsea, then she went to Queensgate School in South Kensington for higher education. At the age of 16, Anya dropped out of school and decided to pursue a career in acting. After being discovered by scouts, Anya debuted as an actress in the 2014 detective series Endeavour.
Height (approximately): 5′ 7″
hair color: blonde
eye color: Black
family and race
Anya Taylor-Joy is an American whose parents are of Spanish and Scottish ancestry.
parents and siblings
Anya’s father, Dennis Allen Taylor, is of Scottish descent. An international banker, he turned his career into a professional racer in jet ski racing. Anya’s mother, Jennifer Marina Joy, was a psychologist. Her mother was born in Zambia to a family of English and Spanish descent. She is the youngest of six siblings.
relationship and boyfriend
Anya is in a relationship with Ben Seed. His occupation is a photographer.
Anya’s film debut was the horror film The Witch, in which she played the lead role of “Thomasine”, and her performance in the film was praised by critics. The film premiered at the 2015 Sundance Film Festival and opened in theaters in 2016. That same year, Anya Taylor starred in Luke Scott’s sci-fi horror film Morgan. She later starred in Vikram Gandhi’s drama “Barry,” in which she played the role of Charlotte Bowman, one of Barack Obama’s close friends. The film is based on the life of a young Barack Obama in New York City in 1981. In 2017, Anya Taylor-Joy had the chance to star in M. Night Shyamalan’s horror thriller “Split.” Since then, Anya has also starred in the horror suspense film Bone Marrow, and the black comedy thriller Thoroughbred (2017). In 2019, Anya reprised her role as Kathy Cook from the film “Split” and worked on the film “Glass.”
Anya has also starred in several documentaries such as “Love, Antosha” and played the role of Erin Curie in the biographical drama “Radioactive”. In 2020, she played the role of Emma Woodhouse in the comedy “Emma” based on Jane Austen’s novel “Emma.” She then starred in the movie “Here Are the Young People” and also starred in the fictional character “The Sorcerer” in the superhero horror film “The New Mutants”. Released in August 2020, the film is the final installment in the X-Men franchise.
Anya made her debut in the British TV detective drama series Endeavour. She also appeared in several episodes of the fantasy adventure series Atlantis. In December 2017, Anya Taylor-Joy starred in the BBC One miniseries Miniature Painters. Anya also has a chance to star in BBC One crime drama Peaky Blinders and Netflix fantasy series The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance in 2020. In 2020, Anya stars as chess prodigy Beth Harmon on Netflix. Miniseries, The Queen’s Strategy. The series and Anya’s performance in the series were well-received.
Anya appears in the music video for artist GTA and Sam Bruno’s song “Red Lips”. This song is a remix of the original song, and the remix was done by American DJ Skrillex. She also participated in the music video for Hozier’s song “Dinner & Diatribes”.
- In 2016, he won the “Breakthrough Actor” category at the Gotham Independent Film Awards for his film “The Witch.”
- In 2016, he won the Phoenix Film Critics Association “Breakthrough Performance” award for the movie “The Witch”.
- In 2016, she won the Fright Meter Awards for Best Actress for her film The Witch.
- In 2016, she won the New Mexico Film Critics Award in the “Best Young Actress” category for her film “The Witch.”
- In 2017, she won the Fangoria Chainsaw Award in the “Best Actress” category for her film The Witch.
- In 2017, he won the Seattle Film Critics Association “Best Young Performance Award” for the film “The Witch”.
- singer: Rihanna, Beyonce
- Anya’s father was an investment banker, but he switched careers to become a professional jet ski racer. He won two Motocross World Championships.
- The Netflix series “The Queen’s Tactics” is based on the novel of the same name by American novelist Walter Travis. It became Netflix’s highest-grossing scripted series of 2020. In response to the news, Taylor-Joy said:
I get overwhelmed easily. My brain can’t imagine more than 5,000 people, so 62 million households have seen it out of my grasp. When things become so successful, it’s not about you anymore – it belongs to everyone. I think, I like it better. “
- Anya had to read novelist Walter Tevis’ novel “The Queen’s Tactics” to understand and prepare for the role. After reading the book, she felt that she resonated with the character of the chess player. Interestingly, Anya has never played chess in her life. In order to teach her chess, former chess world champion Garry Kasparov and famous chess coach Bruce Pandolfini were invited as consultants.
- While working on the film “Emma,” Anya filmed a memorable scene in which her character was supposed to have a nosebleed during an emotional moment, after Tyler-Joy managed to get a nosebleed from her right nostril. After the bloodshed, the crew was initially concerned; however, they decided to continue filming, and in the end, the film was released with this original footage.
- Anya Taylor-Joy has worked with several fashion brands and is the brand ambassador for the ‘Flowerbomb’ collection by Viktor and Rolf Fragrances.
- According to Anya Taylor-Joy, she never takes care of her skin. However, during the COVID-19 lockdown, she started taking care of her skin. She’s a big fan of toners and usually prepares the mixes herself. The mixture she uses most often is a combination of almond oil and rose water, as both ingredients are readily available. Anya’s self-care routine also includes long baths in oil and salt-soaked water in the tub. She is a spiritual person and the act of getting into the tub and cleaning herself is therapeutic for her.
- Trapped in London during the first lockdown after the COVID-19 pandemic, Anya often goes out for morning walks to keep herself calm and relaxed. Her longest walk during the lockdown was nearly nine hours. Anya also spends time reading to keep herself busy.
- In an interview with Vanity Fair, Anya talked about her love of fragrances and fragrances. Anya told the interviewer that she has poor eyesight, so her sense of smell is very sharp. She is fascinated by scents, and several scents often bring her back to her childhood.
- Anya Taylor-Joy has been a vegetarian since she was eight years old. She also tries to follow a vegan diet. She also uses cruelty-free beauty products because she believes in making environmentally conscious choices as a consumer.
- When Anya decided to drop out of school, she wrote a note to inform her parents of her decision, and her parents were very excited about her decision. In an interview, Anya recounted the incident and said-
My youngest sister was seven years older than me, so I said to them, ‘Look, I’m your youngest child, I’ve dropped out of school, and you’re not obligated to be here anymore. Get out there and travel the world! Enjoy yourself and spend time together. My sister and I live at home in South West London – to this day my parents still travel. “
- In 2020, Anya Taylor-Joy is part of British director Edgar Wright’s upcoming psychological horror film Last Night in Soho. In October 2020, she was cast in the “Frenzy” spinoff of “Mad Max: Fury Road.” Later, filmmaker Robert Eggers also wooed her for his upcoming historical revenge film, “The Northerners.”
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Anya Taylor-Joy Wiki, Height, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Biography and More – WikiBio
, we invite you to share the article on Facebook, instagram and e-mail with the hashtag ☑️ #Anya #TaylorJoy #Wiki #Height #Age #Boyfriend #Family #Biography #WikiBio ☑️!