Vijender Singh Wiki, Height, Weight, Caste, Age, Wife, Family, Biography, etc – WikiBio
Vijender Singh is an Indian boxer who turned pro in 2015. He was the first Indian boxer to win a medal at the Olympics. In 2019, he joined the Indian National Assembly for the 2019 general election in the Lok Sabha constituency of South Delhi.
Vikind Singh was born in Jate Family on October 29, 1985 (Age: 33, 2018) in Kalwas, Biwani, Haryana, India. His father, Mahipal Singh Beniwal, was a bus driver on the Haryana highway. He received primary education in his village Kaluwas and secondary education in Bhiwani. He attended the Vaish School of Education in Biwanee, where he received his bachelor’s degree. Inspired by boxer Raj Kumar Sangwan, Vijender decided to become a boxer. His older brother Manoj is also a boxer. When his brother Manoj was drafted into the Indian Army by virtue of his boxing qualifications, Vijender got financial support from his brother and became a good boxer. He trained at the Bhiwani Boxing Club where former national boxer and his trainer Jagdish Singh noticed his talent and nurtured him in the sport. Vijender Singh was recognized for the first time when he won at the state level. He won a silver medal in his first Sub-Junior National in 1997, and later in the 2000 National, he won his first gold medal. In 2003, he became the All India Youth Boxing Champion.
Vijender Singh was born to Mahipal Singh Beniwal and Krishna.
Vijender Singh has a brother Manoj who is also a boxer and served in the Indian Army.
Vijender Singh married Archana Singh on May 17, 2011.
The couple are lucky to have a son, Arbir Singh.
He competed at the 2004 Athens Olympics at welterweight, but failed to win a medal and lost 20-25 to Turkey’s Mustafa Karagollu. At the 2006 Commonwealth Games, he defeated England’s Neil Perkins in the semi-finals and won a silver medal before losing to South Africa’s Bongani Mwelase. Later, he decided to fight at middleweight. He won a bronze medal at the 2006 Doha Asian Games. He rose to prominence at the 2008 Beijing Olympics by defeating Ecuador’s Carlos Góngora in the quarterfinals to win a bronze medal. In 2009, he was awarded Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Awardthe nation’s highest sports honor.
In January 2010, won the Padmasri Contribute to Indian Sports. At the 2010 Commonwealth Games, he consoled himself with a bronze medal in a semi-final loss to England’s Antonio Gogo. In the same year, he won the Asian Games gold medal by defeating Abos Atoyev of Uzbekistan 7-0 in the final. At the 2012 London Olympics, he lost 13-17 to Uzbekistan’s Abos Atoyev in the quarterfinals. At the 2014 Commonwealth Games, he won a silver medal after being beaten in the final by England’s Anthony Fowler. In 2015, Vijender turned pro and signed a multi-year contract with Frank Warren’s Queensberry Promotions through IOS Sports and Entertainment.
On October 10, 2015, he played his first professional match and defeated Sonny Whiting with a TKO.
- At the 2010 Commonwealth Games, Wikind was fined two points for being 20 seconds late before the game ended.
- In 2013, Punjab police said he had repeatedly bought heroin from the NRI. But he denied the allegation and was cleared by the National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA).
- food: Roast Lamb, Katai Chicken
- boxer: Raj Kumar Sanwan, Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali
- Cricketer: Sachin Tendulkar, Willund Sevag
As in 2016, his net worth is Rs. 32 million.
- He aspired to be a soldier in the Indian Army, but then he chose the field of boxing.
- In 2011, he signed on to a Bollywood movie, but because of his marriage, producers dropped him considering he would not be as popular among women.
- Vijender cited American actor Sylvester Stallone’s character Rocky Balboa as his early influence in his Rocky film series. His boxing style; hooks and uppercuts are often compared to Rocky Balboa (a fictional character).
- Vikind appears in Salman Khan’s ”duskadum” game show with actress Mallika Sherawat.
- At one point, his job was as a bodyguard for actress Priyanka Chopra at a rally in Pune to protect her from the crowd.
- Biwani in his home state of Haryana is known as “little cuba“To many world-class boxers.
- Apart from Mary Kom, he is the only boxer to receive the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award.
- In 2009, he briefly ranked No. 1 in the world in the middleweight (75kg) category of the International Boxing Association.
- He also serves as a DSP in the Haryana Police Department under the sports quota.
- In 2013, he entered Bigg Boss 7 house just to meet wrestler Sangram Singh.
- His hobbies are listening to music and exercising.
- In 2019, he became a member of the Indian National Congress (INC) and received a ticket from the South Delhi constituency to the Lok Sabha 2019.
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Vijender Singh Wiki, Height, Weight, Caste, Age, Wife, Family, Biography, etc – WikiBio
, we invite you to share the article on Facebook, pinterest and e-mail with the hashtags ☑️ #Vijender #Singh #Wiki #Height #Weight #Caste #Age #Wife #Family #Biography #WikiBio ☑️!