Vijay Mallya Wiki, Age, Wife, Family, Net Worth, Biography & More – WikiBio
Vijay Vittal Mallya, one of India’s most controversial business tycoons and a former politician, “The King of Good Times”. He is the current chairman of United Breweries Group (commonly known as UB Group) and most notably the former chairman of United Spirits Ltd., India’s largest spirits company. In 2002, he was a member of the Rajya Sabha.He has been in the media spotlight due to his flamboyant lifestyle, high profile parties, business events, beautiful girls and later he was accused of being a “willful defaulter” under Indian law. Let’s find out some fun facts “The King of the Former Good Times”.
Maria was born on December 18, 1955 (63; same as 2018) in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. Mallya was educated at La Martiniere Calcutta, Kolkata, West Bengal and furthered her bachelor’s degree Business Graduated from St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata, West Bengal in 1976. After his father’s death, Vijay Mallya became chairman of the United Breweries Group. He has served for over 20 years as Chairman of several companies including Sanofi (multinational pharmaceutical company), Bayer CropScience (German pharmaceutical company).
family, wife and caste
Vijay was born in a kangkani brahmin hinduism Karnataka family.His father was a prominent Indian entrepreneur of his time, known as Vitalmalia, is the chairman and first Indian director of the United Breweries Group (UB Group). Vittal Mallya was married three times in his life and Vijay Mallya was the son of his first wife, Larissa Maria.
Vijay Mallya is married to a former Air India stewardess, Sameera Tebigi, In 1986, the couple had a son Siddhartha MariaHowever, the couple divorced less than a year after they were married. Later, in 1993, Maria married his childhood sweetheart, Reha, She is a divorcee and already has a daughter, Laila, and a son, Kabir, her ex-wife. Mallya also adopted Rekha’s daughter Leila. Vijay Mallya and Rekha have two daughters, Leanna and Tanya. Currently, Vijay Mallya has been dating a former Kingfisher Airlines flight attendant, Pinky Lalwani.
Vijay Mallya interned at his family business during college and later at Hoechst AG in the US. At the age of 28, Mallya lost his father Vittal Mallya to a heart attack. He became chairman of United Breweries in 1983, following the death of his father in 1983. As chairman of the United Breweries Group, he focused on the alcohol business, which was considered more profitable than the core business involved. The group grew into a multinational conglomerate of about 60 companies, which he brought together into a group called UB Group. United Group is the flagship of UB Group, the largest spirits company in India. Mallya has launched Kingfisher Beer, which has about 50% market share in India. It is the most consumed beer in India and is also available in 52 other countries.
In 2005, when India’s domestic aviation market was at its worst, Mallya launched Kingfisher Airlines, a world-class airline that became an instant hit. Later, Kingfisher Airlines launched international routes; it was a huge downfall for the company. The company started to suffer heavy losses and accumulated huge debts. The airline closed in October 2013, failing to even pay its employees.
Mallya joined Akhil Bharata Janata Dal in 2000. In 2003, he joined the Janta party led by Subramanian Swami. In 2002, Mallya ran as an independent candidate for Karnataka with the support of Congress and Janta Dal. He won and was elected Rajya Sabha. He was Janta Dal’s national working chairman from 2003-2010, but in 2010, he switched sides and gained support from the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), making him the winner and elected for a second term in Rajya Sabha. Ultimately, Mallya resigned from his post as Rajya Sabha MP after he was accused of fraudulent transactions and money laundering.
- Mallya awarded “honorary degree”philosophy doctor” in Business Administration, University of Southern California Professional Studies, 1997.
- He was awarded the Legion of Honor, the highest civilian award in France.
- He was also awarded “Tomorrow’s Global Leaders“World Economic Forum.
- In 2010, Mallya was awarded the “Entrepreneur of the Year” award at the Asia Awards.
- Vijay Mallya suffered huge losses after the airline started its international operations, and its international business of Kingfisher Airlines, once considered India’s second largest airline, increased from Rs 1.88 crore in 2007-2008 to Rs 1.88 crore in the next financial year. 16.08 billion rupees. He didn’t even pay airline employees for about 15 months. As a result, the company’s debt soared to Rs 5,665 crore by the end of 2009.
- Even after incurring huge debts, Vijay Mallya still defrauded and took out loans from various banks. One of the banks that Mallya was attracted to was IDBI Bank, which invested INR 9.5 billion in his company. In 2014, he was declared a “willful default” under Indian law, one reason he did not repay loans he had taken from various banks. About 17 banks have accused him of failing to repay about INR 90 billion in loans.
- In March 2016, SBI led an association and moved to the Debt Recovery Tribunal (DRT) to cancel Mallya’s passport and prevent him from leaving India. However, the day before SBI moved to DRT, Mallya had run to London to avoid arrest on financial charges against him.
- Mallya was also arrested at Scotland Yard on an extradition warrant, but he was released on bail of Rs. 6,50,000.
- On April 20, 2020, he lost an appeal against his extradition to India at the High Court in London. Mallya is wanted in India on fraud and money laundering charges with an estimated amount of Rs. 90 million.
As in 2014, Mallya’s net worth is estimated at Rs 6.15 crore.
- Mallya owns Rs 750 crore Kingfisher Villa in Goa.
- He owns a $1.2 million mansion in Sausalito, California.
- “The Great Garden” on St. Margaret Island (about half a mile from the French Riviera town of Cannes).
- He owns the Counigal Stud Farm in Counigal, Karnataka.
- Vijay owns a $2.4 million penthouse in Trump Plaza, New York.
- He owns the $8.4 million Clifton Estate in Cape Town, South Africa.
- He owns 99.5% of the 25,000-acre game reserve called “Mabula Game Lodge” near Johannesburg, South Africa.
- He is the owner of a “country house” in Hertfordshire, England.
- He owns Keillour Castle in Perthshire, Scotland.
- He has a bungalow facing the sea on Napean Sea Road in South Mumbai.
- He owns a house in the luxurious Sardar Patel Marg in New Delhi.
Car and Jet Series
- Mallya owns Ferrari 1965 California Spyder, Ensign MN08, Jaguar XJ220, Jaguar XJR15 race car, Bentley, Mercedes-Benz 300 SL, Chevrolet Corvette, Porsche 550 Spyder, Maserati Quattroporte and Rolls Royce.
- He owns a Boeing 727, Airbus A319 ACJ, Gulfstream III and Hawker HS125.
- Mallya’s favorite color is red.
- His favorite car is a Bentley.
- He loves Indian food, Kane Rava, Kori Gasi, Appams, Sannas, Mishti Doi and Crabs.
- His wine of choice is Ferrari Carano.
- Mallya’s most popular fashion brands are Armani, Valentino, Manoviraj Khosla and Roberto Cavalli.
- Mallya is a highly religious person. In any case, he made sure to make a pilgrimage to Sabarimara every year. The troubled businessman even visits the Tirupati temple whenever a new kingfisher plane goes into service. Mallya has made a habit of leaving at auspicious times for important meetings or events.
- Mallya also has an impressive range of yachts. He owns the Empress of India, one of the largest yachts in the world. It includes a steam room, massage facilities, cinema and gym.
- In 2004, driven by a fascination with the unique, Mallya bought one of the world’s one-of-a-kind artifacts, Tipu Sultan’s sword, at an auction in London for around £175,000. In addition, he purchased Mahatma Gandhi’s belongings at an auction in New York for about $1.8 million.
- His hobbies include watching F1 cars, raising horses, and listening to Vintage music.
- Mallya is fluent in Hindi, Gujarati, Kannada, Bengali, Konkani, English and French.
- Mallya’s love of jewellery is another important aspect of his life, and his initials ‘VJM’ can often be seen with a large diamond-studded bracelet, his grandmother’s single diamond and Lord Venkateswara’s grandmother Wrapped in green pendant.
- Vijay’s love of sports led him to become the owner of two football clubs in the Indian Football League called “East Bengal Football Club” and “Mohun Bagan AC”. The main stake in Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) belongs to him. In addition to this, he is the co-owner of the Formula 1 team “Force India Sahara”.
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Vijay Mallya Wiki, Age, Wife, Family, Net Worth, Biography & More – WikiBio
, help us and share the article on Facebook, twitter and e-mail with the hashtag ☑️ #Vijay #Mallya #Wiki #Age #Wife #Family #Net #Worth #Biography #WikiBio ☑️!