Sonny Bono Spouse, Death, Net Worth, Funeral, Height
Salvador Philip “Sonny Bono” is an American singer-songwriter, producer, actor and politician who collaborated with his second wife, Cher, in the popular singing duo Sonny & Cher. From 1988 to 1992 he served as mayor of Palm Springs, California, and from 1995 to his death in 1998, he served as the Republican Congressman for California’s 44th District. Salvatore Philip is unique in mastering the art of diversification. Often referred to as “Sonny Bono,” he was a prominent American singer, producer, and politician. He rose to fame with the song “I got you Babe” with his then-girlfriend Cher. He started his career as a songwriter and went on to perform on various TV shows.
He entered politics out of frustration with the local government bureaucracy he faced when opening a restaurant in Palm Springs, California. However, his life came to an abrupt end in a tragic skiing incident on the Nevada side of California’s Paradise ski resort. To this day, the world’s speculation about the cause of his death has not stopped. Bono remains the only congressman to reach No. 1 with a pop single on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.
- Tina Fey Bio, Age, Height, Husband, Daughter, Net Worth, Movies and Wiki
- Brittany Murphy Age, Height, Death, Bio, Affairs, Wiki and Net Worth
Bono was born in Detroit to Santo Bono and Zena “Jean” Bono. His mother called him “Sono” as a nickname, which evolved into “Sonny” over time. Sonny is the youngest of three siblings. He has two sisters, Fran and Betty. His family moved to Inglewood, California when he was seven, and his parents divorced soon after.
Bono decided early on to become a part of the music industry, writing songs as a teenager. His song “Koko Joe”, written at the age of 16, was recorded by Don and Dewey in 1958 and later covered by several other artists including the Justice Brothers. Bono attended Inglewood High School but did not graduate, opting to drop out in order to pursue a career as a songwriter and performer. While trying to break into the music industry, he worked in a variety of jobs, including waiter, truck driver, construction worker and butcher’s assistant.
- Stevie Nicks Bio, Age, Height, Husband, Net Worth, Songs, Albums & Wiki
- Grace Slick Bio, Age, Height, Net Worth, Daughter & Wiki
Sonny Bono Bio/Wiki
|birth name||Salvador Philip|
|Nick name||Sonny Bono|
|Sun Sign / Zodiac Sign||unknown|
|place of birth||Detroit|
|date of birth||1935-02-16|
|Country of Citizenship||America|
|father’s name||San Bono|
girlfriend / affair
Marital status, wife and children
|Profession||Pop singer, rock singer|
Height, Weight and Body Measurements
|height (approximately)||1.68 meters|
Extra ordinary functions
|hair color||brown hair|
Sonny Bono and Spouse Cher
Sonny Bono net worth
Sonny Bono Net Worth Sonny Bono makes money from a celebrity niche. Sonny Bono made $15 million.
|Estimated net worth (approximately)||$15 million|
|annual salary||under review|
|Source of income||Pop singer, rock singer|
Sonny Bono Spouse, affairs, etc.
- Sonny Bono Spouse: 1. Bono married his first spouse, Donna RankinNovember 3, 1954. Their daughter Christine (“Christie”) was born on June 24, 1958. They divorced in 1962.
- Sonny Bono Spouse: 2. In 1964, Bono married singer and actress Cher. They have one child, Chaz, who was born on March 4, 1969. In 1974, they divorced.
- Sonny Bono Spouse: 3. Bono later married Suzy Coelho On New Year’s Eve in 1981, they divorced in 1984.
- Sonny Bono Spouse: 4. he has married Mary Whitaker In 1986 they had two children, son Chesare Elan in 1988 and daughter Chianna Maria in 1991.
Death of Sonny Bono
Sonny Bono, in his characteristic blunt and self-deprecating manner, transformed himself relatively late in his life, from the shorter, more austere, masculine half of the 1960s couple’s singing and acting feeling (with his charming No. second wife Cher together) transformed into a respected California lawmaker and U.S. congressman. On January 5, 1998, Bono’s unusual journey was tragically interrupted when he was killed in a ski accident while vacationing with his family in South Lake Tahoe, California.
Bono, 62, and his fourth wife, Mary, took their young son and daughter to visit Paradise Ski Resort, about 55 miles south of Reno, Nevada, on the Nevada-California border. The accident happened on the afternoon of January 5, when Bono left his family to go skiing alone. He was reported missing a few hours later, and his body was found that night. Police said Bono slid into a forest and hit a tree; the cause of death was a serious head injury. Coincidentally, Bono’s death came less than a week after another high-profile accident that killed Michael Kennedy, the son of the late U.S. Attorney General and U.S. Senator Robert Kennedy, at a ski resort in Aspen, Colorado. .
Born on February 16, 1935, in Detroit, Salvatore Bono moved to Los Angeles when he was 7 years old. As a young adult, he became a songwriter and singer for a professional record label. Later, he teamed up with famed songwriter Phil Spector to sing Backup for Brothers of Justice. While married to his first wife, Donna Rankin, Bono met 16-year-old Cherilyn Sarkisian. They recorded several records together, but went gold with their 1965 hit “I Got You, Babe.” Bono divorced Rankin and had a daughter, Chastity, with Cher in 1969. They later got married. The couple’s TV show The Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour premiered in August 1971, with tall brunette Cher in glittery designer clothes and bearded Bono as a straight man in flared pants. The show ran until 1974, when the couple parted ways amid gossip about an extramarital affair.
- Gerard Butler Bio, Age, Height, Wife, Net Worth, Movies, TV Shows and Wiki
- Nikki Sixx Bio, Age, Height, Wife, Kids, Net Worth, Bassist and Wiki
Some Known Facts About Sonny Bono
- He began his career in the music business in the 1950s as a promoter at Specialty Records, working with Sam Cooke, Larry Williams and Little Richard.
- Moved to Phillies Records in the early ’60s and became a protégé of renowned producer Phil Spector.
- Cowrote’s classic “Needles and Pins,” which became a hit with searchers in 1964.
- At 16, she met Cher after moving to Los Angeles in search of fame. He gave her a place to sleep and found her a conference job in Venus.
- First recorded with Cher as “Caesar and Cleo”.
- Wrote, arranged and produced classic Sonny & Cher hits “I Got You Babe” and “The Beat Goes On”.
- Wrote the screenplay for the 1967 Sonny & Cher film Good Times.
- Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour debuted as a summer variety show in 1971, then landed on the network’s regular show in January 1972. It didn’t air until 1974 when news of their impending divorce broke.
- Worked with Cher after their divorce in 1976 and ’77, when they reunited for The Sonny and Cher Show; he also reunited with David Letterman on a late night in 1987.
- He decided to enter politics after running into a lot of red tape trying to get a bigger sign for his Palm Springs restaurant; he ran for mayor in 1988 and won.
- Ran for the U.S. Senate in 1992 and lost; ran for Congress two years later and won.
- Died in a tragic ski accident.
Frequently Asked Questions
Did Sonny Bono die on the spot?
Bono died on January 5, 1998, when he hit a tree while skiing at Paradise Mountain Resort near South Lake Tahoe, California. He is buried in Desert Memorial Park in Cathedral City, California.
How did Sonny Bono die?
Did Sonny Bono die wearing a helmet?
Sonny Bono is said to have died instantly when he hit a tree while skiing at Paradise Ski Resort in Nevada. He died on January 5, 1998, just days after Michael Kennedy’s death, with neither Kennedy nor Bono wearing a helmet.
Where did Sonny Bono die?
Nevada state line
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Sonny Bono Spouse, Death, Net Worth, Funeral, Height
, help us and share the article on Facebook, twitter and whatsapp with the hashtags ☑️ #Sonny #Bono #Spouse #Death #Net #Worth #Funeral #Height ☑️!