Smriti Irani Wiki, Age, Husband, Family, Biography and More – WikiBio
Smriti Irani is an actress-turned-politician and member of the Lok Sabha for the Amiti constituency of the 17th Lok Sabha (2019-2024).
Smriti Irani was born on Tuesday 23 March 1976 in “Smriti Malhotra” (Age 45; as in 2021) in New Delhi. Her zodiac sign is Aries.
She attends Holy Child Auxiliary School in New Delhi. She is the 12th pass. She enrolled for B.Com at Delhi University’s Open Learning Institute, but dropped out of the course in between.
Height (approximately): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 80 kg
eye color: Black
hair color: Black
family, caste and husband
She was born to Punjab-Maharashtra father Ajay Kumar Malhotra and Bengali-Assamese mother Shibani Bagchi (former member of Jana Sangha, right wing of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS)).
She has two younger sisters. She is married to Zubin Irani, a Parsi businessman. The couple have a son named Zohr Irani and a daughter named Zoish Irani.
She also has a stepdaughter named Shanelle Irani, the daughter of Zubin from her first marriage to former beauty contestant Mona Irani.
Smriti Irani joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in 2003.
In the 2004 Lok Sabha election, she contested and lost with Kapil Sibal from Delhi’s Chandni Chowk constituency. In the same year, she became the chairman of the BJP Maharashtra Youth League. She was also nominated to be an executive member of the BJP Central Committee. In 2009, she ran for Vijay Goel’s candidacy in New Delhi. In 2010, she was appointed as the National Secretary of the BJP, and as the Chairman of the BJP Mahila Mocha (Women’s Federation). In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, she ran against Rahul Gandhi in the Amethi constituency, losing by 1,07,923 votes. Nonetheless, Narendra Modi appointed her to the Cabinet’s Human Resource Development Department, making her the youngest cabinet minister at the time.
Following a cabinet reshuffle in 2016, she was transferred from the Ministry of Human Resource Development to the Ministry of Textiles. In 2017, she was handed over to the additional head of the Ministry of News and Broadcasting, and in 2018 she was taken away to Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore. In 2019, she ran against Rahul Gandhi in the Lok Sabha election in Amethi constituency and won by a margin of 55,120 votes.
Professional TV, Film and Theatre
She was one of the contestants in the 1998 Miss India pageant. However, she failed to make the top 9.
She made her debut with Mika Singh on the song “Boliyan” from the album Saawan Mein Lag Gayi Aag in 1998. In 2000, she made her television debut as an actress with “Aatish” and “Hum Hain Kal Aaj Aur Kal”. Both series air on Star Plus. She became a household name in the mid-2000s when she played the role of “Tulsi Virani” in Ekta Kapoor’s production “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi (2000-2008).” The series ran for eight years and Smriti became the most popular bahu on TV.
In 2007, she made her TV debut as a TV producer with the Sony TV series Virrudh.
She hosted the TV show “Yeh Hai Jalwa”, a dance reality show that aired on 9x in 2008.
In the movie
In 2010, she made her Hindi film debut with the film Malik Ek.
In 2011, she made her Telugu debut with the film Jai Bolo Telangana.
In 2012, she made her Bengali film debut with the film Amrita.
in the theater
She has done various theatrical projects; the first is the Hindi drama “Kuch Tum Kaho Kuch Hum Kahein”. Then she did her first Gujarati drama called “Maniben.com”. She also did a Telugu drama called “Jai Bolo Telangana”.
- She is accused of providing conflicting affidavits about her educational qualifications. In the 2004 Lok Sabha election, she claimed to have a Bachelor of Arts (BA) and in the 2014 Lok Sabha election, she claimed to have a degree in Commerce (B. Com). It was later clarified that she had completed Part 1 of the Bachelor of Commerce and had not completed her three-year degree program.
- She had been criticised for not taking proper action in the suicide case of Dalit student Rohit Vermula at the University of Hyderabad.
- During her tenure as HRD minister, she was criticized by several university vice-chancellors for firing two vice-chancellors.
- In 2014, she caused an uproar when she announced that Sanskrit would replace German as the third language of the Kendriya Vidhyalayas.
- In 2017, the IIM (Indian Institute of Management) was strongly divided over Smriti’s decision, when she cleared the clause to bring IIM under her departmental scope.
- Many bureaucrats left her ministry, citing her bossy nature.
A-602, Neptune Apartments, Swami Samarth Nagar 4th cross lane, Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri West, Mumbai 400053
Indian Television Academy Awards
- 4 consecutive ITA Best Actress Awards in TV series “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi” in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005
- 2004 Best Actress (Popularity) in the TV series “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi”
- 2010 TV series “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi” won the ITA Milestone Award
Indian Television Awards
- In 2002, 2003 and 2004, she won 3 Best Actress Awards (popularity) for the TV series “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi” in a row
- Best TV Personality in the 2003 TV series “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi”
- 2007 Virrudh Best Actress (Jury)
- food: Gujarati Cuisine, Pizza, Chocolate
- Cartoon Show: tom and jerry
- Movie: Mr. India (1987), Avengers series
- Movie director: Shekhar Kapoor
She has about Rs. 3.83 crore removable and Rs. 728 million real estate.
Smriti Irani’s salary as an MP is Rs. 100,000 plus perks (as in 2019). Her net worth is around Rs. 111.1 million (as in 2019).
- Smriti Irani’s grandfather was RSS Swayamsevak.
- In Delhi, when Smriti was a schoolgirl, her parents brought in an astrologer to predict the future of their three daughters. The astrologer said that while their two younger daughters will be fine, “Badi Ladki (Smriti) Ka Kuchh Nahi Hoga (your older daughter will be fine)”.
- She revealed in an interview that even her parents did not have big dreams for her and wanted her to marry a good boy.
- Growing up, she wanted to be a civil servant or a journalist. But her father disapproved of her because he thought neither career was right for her.
- She then packed her bags and moved to Mumbai, where she competed in the 1998 Miss Femina India pageant. However, she failed to make the top 9. The winner of that year’s competition was Lymaraina D’Souza.
- Earlier in her career, she worked as a waitress at McDonald’s in Bandra, Mumbai. Smriti said while working at McDonald’s,
All I wanted then was to graduate to a new level where I would be the guy standing at McDonald’s to welcome guests. It means more money. “
- TV producer Shobha Kapoor (Ekta Kapoor’s mother) first discovered Smriti while working with the producers of the show “Bakeman’s Ooh La La”.
- Smriti says she has never watched any episode of her super hit series “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi”.
- Before pursuing a career in television, she did various modeling assignments.
- She and Ekta Kapoor reportedly had some disagreements and quit the show “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi” in 2007. However, she made a comeback in a special episode of the show in 2008.
- In 2003, when “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi” was still in its heyday, Smriti Irani joined the BJP as the BJP was looking for a high-profile showbiz star in their party.
- She is also BJP’s most visible face in media interactions.
- She is fluent in five languages namely Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi and Bengali.
- A fire broke out in a village in Amethi during her campaign for the 2019 Lok Sabha elections in Amethi constituency. Smriti helps locals put out the fire.
Discover more articles in our categories Celebrity & News & Wiki.
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Smriti Irani Wiki, Age, Husband, Family, Biography and More – WikiBio
, think about share the article on Facebook, pinterest and e-mail with the hashtags ☑️ #Smriti #Irani #Wiki #Age #Husband #Family #Biography #WikiBio ☑️!
Leave a Reply