Silk Smitha Wiki, Age, Death, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography and More – WikiBio
Vijayalakshmi Vadlapatla, better known by her stage name Silk Smitha, is an Indian actress working mainly in South Indian films. She came into the limelight after playing the role of “Silk” in the Tamil film “Vandichakkaram” (1979). She is popular for her bold and charming roles in South Indian films.
Smitha was born on Friday 2 December 1960 (Age 36 at the time of death) in Kovvali village, Denduluru Mandal, Eluru, Andhra Pradesh, India. Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius. She went to fourth grade until she dropped out due to the family’s financial constraints. Her parents got her married when she was very young. However, she was abused by her husband and in-laws and walked out of the marriage at the age of 14. Smitha wanted to be an actress from an early age. Shortly after leaving her husband’s house, Smitha moved to Madras (now Chennai) and got a job as a makeup artist.
Height (approximately): 5′ 5″
hair color: Black
eye color: Black
family and caste
Silk Smitha was born into a financially weak Telugu family.
parents and siblings
Silk Smitha is the daughter of Ramallu and Sarasamma. She has a younger brother named V. Naga Vara Prasad.
Relationship with Husband
Smitha’s parents married her when she was very young. However, dissatisfied with the treatment her husband and in-laws gave her, she ran away from home. Little is known about her husband. Later, there were rumors about the affair between Rajinikanth and Silk Smitha.
She is also rumored to be in a relationship with Tamil actor, writer and director Vinu Chakravarti.
Silk Smitha started her career as a groomer for actresses. Soon, she had a small role in the movie. Silk started her acting career with small roles in Malayalam films such as “Pushyaraagam” (1979), “Saraswatheeyaamam” (1980), “Ivar” (1980) and “Angadi” (in 1980). She made her Malayalam film debut as the heroine of the film “Inaye Thedi” (1981). The movie was shot in 1979, but it wasn’t released until much later. Film director Anthony Eastman was so impressed with her looks that she named her Smitha.
She next made her Tamil debut in Vinu Chakravarthy’s film “Vandichakkaram” (1980), in which she played the role of “Silk”. The film was a hit and brought her the laurels. After the movie was released, Smisha added the name “Silk” to her screen name to become “Silk Smitha”.
Soon she was playing the roles of cabaret and vampire. She went on to work in many popular Tamil, Malay, Kannada and Hindi films. Her dancing and daring performances in films such as “Moondru Mugam” (1982) made her the ultimate symbol of sexiness in South Indian cinema.
Some of her popular films include “Sakalakala Valllavan” (1982), “Moondram Pirai” (1982), “Paayum Puli” (1983) and “Thanga Magan” (1983).
Smitha is also part of many popular Hindi films such as “Pataal Bhairavi” (1985), “Lady Tarzan” (1990), “Drohi” (1992) and “Reshma Ki Jawani” (1996).
On September 23, 1996, Smitha called her friend Anuradha to discuss something disturbing her. Anuradha told her that she would visit her after sending her (Anuradha) child to school. While visiting Smitha, Anuradha found her hanged at her home in Kodampakkam, Chennai. It was later revealed in her autopsy report that Smitha committed suicide. At the time of her death, she had a large amount of alcohol in her system. While the exact cause of her suicide is unknown, Smitha is reportedly experiencing several issues, including severe depression, disillusionment with love and a financial crisis.
In one of his interviews, veteran Kannada actor Ravichandran revealed that Smitha called him hours before his suicide (perhaps to talk about something that upset her), but he was unable to answer her calls. He said,
I was busy shooting that day (September 23, 1996) and was surprised to see Smitha frantically trying to contact me a few times. I tried to talk to her, but the phone keeps getting stuck due to a bad connection. I thought it was a routine call. The next day, however, to my horror, I realized that Smitha had committed suicide. I shudder to think of the reason she called. This bothers me even myself now. “
- Movie director: Bharathi Rajaa, Balu Mahendra
- Smitha has loved makeup since she was a child.
- It was Vinu Chakravarthy’s wife Karna Poo who taught Smitha English. She even arranged dance, acting and etiquette classes for Smitha.
- According to her family, her circle of friends is small. Silk is an introvert and has a hard time making new friends.
- Smitha is known in the film industry for her short temper, willpower, and candor.
- Most of her co-stars see her as being on time (on the set of the movie), responsible and ambitious.
- Her friends often describe her as a “soft” and “childlike” personality.
- Smitha is popular for her doe-like eyes, golden complexion and athletic build.
- When Smith was at the peak of her career, she had amazing audience appeal. In the words of Tamil film historian Lando Gay,
A movie that’s been in a can for years can sell with a single Silk Smitha song. “
- In 2011, Ekta Kapoor made a film called “The Dirty Picture” (2011), which was inspired by the life of Silk Smitha. The film was released on Smitha’s birthday, and it also has Telugu and Tamil dubs. Later, Smitha’s brother V. Naga Vara Prasad objected and said the film was made without the consent of the family.
- In 2013, a Kannada-language film based on the lives of Smitha and Veena Malik, Dirty Pictures: Silk Sakkath Hot, was released. The film stars Vera Malik. The film was a huge hit in Karnataka.
- During a 17-year career, Smitha has shot around 450 films.
- Due to her strange resemblance, Smitha is widely known as the Marilyn Monroe of Indian cinema.
Find more articles in our categories Celebrity & News ou encore Wiki.
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Silk Smitha Wiki, Age, Death, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography and More – WikiBio
, we invite you to share the article on Facebook, twitter and e-mail with the hashtags ☑️ #Silk #Smitha #Wiki #Age #Death #Boyfriend #Husband #Family #Biography #WikiBio ☑️!
Leave a Reply