Siddharth Roy Kapur Wiki, Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More – WikiBio
Siddharth Roy Kapur is an Indian filmmaker. He is the founder and general manager of Roy Kapur Films and the president of the Indian Film and Television Producers Association. He is the husband of Bollywood actress Vidya Baran.
Siddharth Roy Kapur was born on Friday 2 August 1975 (45; same as 2020) in Mumbai (now, Mumbai). His zodiac sign is Leo. He completed his studies at GD Somani Memorial School in Mumbai and then went to Sydenham College to study B.Com. During his student days, he had excellent academic performance and was the principal of the school. While at university, Siddhartha led the Drama Society and edited the annual university magazine. During his college days, he did a summer internship with Ronnie Screwvala’s UTV. After graduation, Kapur obtained a Masters in Management Studies at the Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management (JBIMS) in Mumbai.
Height (approximately): 5′ 10″
hair color: Black
eye color: Brown
family and caste
Siddhartha Roy Kapoor belongs to Hindu family.
parents and siblings
His father’s name was Comder Roy Kapoor. His mother, Salome Roy Kapur, was Miss India and choreographer. He has two younger brothers, Aditya Roy Kapur (actor) and Kunaal Roy Kapur (actor and director).
Wife and Relationships
Siddhartha married his childhood friend Arti Bajaj, but their marriage did not last long. He then married TV producer Kavita. However, the two divorced in 2011. Siddhartha married Bollywood actress Vidya Baran on December 14, 2012.
Siddhartha’s grandfather, Raghupat Roy Kapur, was a filmmaker. His maternal grandfather Sam and grandmother Ruby Aaron were teachers of Indian ballroom and Latin American dance forms.
Siddharth Roy Kapur started his career as a Brand Manager at Procter & Gamble in Mumbai. Subsequently, he joined the strategic planning department of Star TV. He then moved to Hong Kong to participate in Star TV’s News Corp executive development program. He has since moved to Mumbai to work in the marketing of the gaming reality show “Kaun Banega Crorepati”. He then served as the network’s regional marketing manager. He moved to Hong Kong again in 2002 and was promoted to Vice President a year later. He was the youngest vice president of Star TV at the time. At the Hong Kong headquarters, Kapur leads the central marketing and creative services team.
In 2005, he was invited to join UTV as Senior Vice President of Marketing and Communications, which he readily accepted. While at UTV, Siddharth led the marketing team for several films, including “Rang De Basanti” and “Khosla Ka Ghosla.”
In January 2008, Kapur took over as CEO of UTV Motion Pictures. He is responsible for all aspects of development, production, marketing, distribution and syndication. Under his leadership, he produced some of the most successful films of the decade, including “Taare Zameen Par”, “Jodhaa Akbar”, “Fashion”, “Paan Singh Tomar”, “Kai Po Che”, “Lunch Box” and ” Chennai Express.” In 2014, he was promoted to managing director of Disney India.
In 2017, Siddhartha resigned from Disney and established his own production company, Roy Kapoor Films. The first film he made was The Sky Is Pink. He also produced the Netflix series “Yeh Ballet”.
- 2009 Filmfare Best Picture Award for the film “Jodha Akbar”
- The film “Jodha Akbar” (2009) won the Best Picture Screen Award
- IIFA Best Picture Award, “Jodha Akbar” (2009)
- National Film Awards for Best Children’s Film, Chillar Party (2012)
- National Film Awards Best Feature Film, “Paan Singh Tomar” (2013)
- Filmfare Award, BIG Star Entertainment Award, Zee Cine Award, Stardust Award & IIFA Award for the film, “Barfi” (2013)
- Film “Paan Singh Tomar” Screen Award Best Picture (2013)
- 2013 Social Youth Achievement Award Business Category (2013)
- Economic Times – Spencer Stuart ’40 under 40′ India’s Hottest Business Leader Award (2014)
- Filmfare Award for Best Picture, “Dangal” (2017)
- Travel destination: London
- His hobbies include reading, traveling and watching movies.
- As a child, Siddhartha was obsessed with movies. He shared in an interview that his grandparents lived near the Strand Cinemas in Mumbai and he used to urge his grandparents and mother to watch the movie. He also shared that he often forced his parents to buy black tickets for him.
- In 1994, Siddharth interned under Ronnie Screwvala, a small production company in the basement of Worli, Mumbai. During this period, he used to earn Rs. 2000 a month.
- Siddharth met Vidya Balan for the first time at the Filmfare Award. Introducing the two is filmmaker Karan Johar.
- Kapur was named to Variety’s #Variety500Global list of the most influential people in global entertainment for three consecutive years (2018-2020).
- He was also featured on the Economic Times’ 40 Indian Business Leaders Under 40.
Find more articles in our categories Celebrity & News et encore Wiki.
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Siddharth Roy Kapur Wiki, Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More – WikiBio
, think about share the article on Facebook, instagram and whatsapp with the hashtag ☑️ #Siddharth #Roy #Kapur #Wiki #Age #Wife #Family #Biography #WikiBio ☑️!
Leave a Reply