Shivaram Rajguru Wiki, Age, Death, Wife, Family, Biography, etc – WikiBio
Shivaram Rajguru is an Indian freedom fighter. On March 23, 1931, he was hanged along with his companions Bhagat Singh and Sukhdev Thapar in the assassination of British policeman John P Saunders and avenged the death of Lala Lajpat Rai, known as the Lion of Punjabi. Shivaram Rajguru was actively involved in the revolutionary activities organized by the Hindustan Socialist Republic Association (HSRA) in the struggle for freedom in India.
Shivaram Rajguru was born on Monday 24th August 1908 in Hari Shivaram Rajguru (22; at the time of death) at the Hart of the Presidential Palace in Mumbai, British India (present-day Maharashtra, India). His zodiac sign is Virgo. Rajguru was schooled at the New English High School in Pune. At the age of fifteen, he went to Mahavidyalaya in Sanskrit to continue his studies.
hair color: Black
eye color: Black
parents and siblings
Shivaram Rajguru’s father’s name was Hari Narayana and his mother’s name was Parvati Bai. Shivaram Rajguru has an older brother named Dinkar.
wife and children
He is not married.
He belongs to the Deshastha Brahmin community in Maharashtra, India.
Shivaram Rajguru became involved in the Indian independence movement at a very young age. Initially, he became a member of Seva Dal and actively participated in the training camp organized by Dr. NS Hardikar in Ghatprabha. Dr. NS Hardikar is the founder of Seva Dal, a prominent Indian politician and freedom fighter. When Shivaram Rajguru was 16, he became an active member of the Hindustan Socialist Republican Association (HSRA). Shivaram Rajguru is affectionately known as Raghunath by other members of HSRA. He was designated as a shooter for the HSRA because he was an outstanding marksman. Shivaram Rajguru, Bhagat Singh and Sukhdev Thapar were assisted by Chandra Shekhar Azad in the murder of British officer JP Saunders in December 1928.
Later, Shivaram Rajguru, Bhagat Singh and Sukhdev Thapar were arrested by British authorities. In their statement to the court, they said they killed JP Saunders in retaliation for the death of Lala Lajpat Rai, who was killed in protest against Simon’s Council during police lathi charges. In court, during their trials, Shivaram Rajguru was often seen making fun of the British judge by answering his questions in Sanskrit, and the judge was often seen yelling at Shivaram’s answers. Shivaram Rajguru told Bhagat Singh to translate his answer in English to the judge.
On March 23, 1931, Shivaram Rajguru, Bhagat Singh and Sukhdev Thapar were hanged by the British authorities. Their hanging was scheduled for March 24, 1931, but the three were hanged the day before to avoid public gatherings and protests.
- The hometown of Shivaram Rajguru Khed in Maharashtra was named Rajgurunagar by the Indian government in honor of his patriotism and the life he sacrificed for freedom in India.
- On August 24, 2008, an Indian writer named Anil Verma published a book called “Ajeya Krantikari Rajguru” on the centenary of Shivaram Rajguru’s birth.
- The government of India declared Shivaram Rajguru’s ancestral home “Rajguru Wada” as a memorial for Shivaram Rajguru and open to the public as a tourist attraction, located on the Pune-Nashik Road River on the banks of the Bhima River.
- Hutatma Rajguru Samarak Samiti (HRSS) has unfurled the Indian flag at Rajguru Wada every year since Republic Day 2004.
- In Vasundhara Enclave Delhi, the “Shaheed Rajguru Institute of Applied Sciences for Women” is named after him in honour of his sacrifice for Indian independence. This college is affiliated with the University of Delhi.
- In 2013, the Indian government issued a stamp with a photo of Shivaram Rajguru in tribute to his patriotism.
- He is also known as Raghunath.
- Shivaram Rajguru’s older brother Dinkar took over the responsibility of the entire family when Shivaram’s father died when he was six years old. He received his initial schooling at the local Khed School. He then continued his higher education at the New English High School in Pune.
- On one occasion, Shivaram failed an English test. He was mocked by his brother Dinka in front of his new wife. Dinkar had him read the English class aloud. As a result, Shivaram felt insulted and left home with 11 paisa.
- Shivaram Rajguru was fifteen years old when he left home. Shortly after leaving home, he walked for six days to Varanasi. In Varanasi he continued his studies in Sanskrit Mahavidyalaya.
- Lokmanya Tilak and his revolutionary ideas inspired Shivaram Rajguru to participate in the Indian independence movement. Shivaram Rajguru is a scholar of various Indian scriptures.
- Shortly after the assassination of JP Saunders, Shivaram Rajguru and his companions were planning to kill the Governor, but he was arrested before the plan was carried out.
- After the assassination of JP Saunders, Bhagat Singh and Shivaram Rajguru tried to escape police arrest and wanted to leave Lahore for Howrah. Sukhdev Thapar assisted in their escape and asked Bhagwati Charan Vohra’s wife, Durga Devi Vohra, for help. While Durga Devi and Bhagat Singh pretended to be husband and wife, while Shivaram Rajguru pretended to be their servant during the train journey, Bhagat Singh shaved his beard, cut his hair very short, and dressed like an Englishman. The three escaped police arrest, Shivaram Rajguru fled to Benaras and Bhagat Singh fled to Howrah.
Discover more articles in our categories Celebrity & News & Wiki.
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Shivaram Rajguru Wiki, Age, Death, Wife, Family, Biography, etc – WikiBio
, we invite you to share the article on Facebook, pinterest and whatsapp with the hashtags ☑️ #Shivaram #Rajguru #Wiki #Age #Death #Wife #Family #Biography #WikiBio ☑️!
Leave a Reply