Kerry Washington Biography, Age, Family, Husband, Movies, Wiki & Net Worth
Kerry Washington American actress and producer. Born and raised in New York City, Kerry began her journey to fame through theater productions at school and college before entering American television.
She started acting in the early ’90s with a cameo role on the “ABC Afterschool Special” series. In 2000, she finally entered the film industry with a wonderful performance in “Our Song”. Since then, she has starred in many critically and commercially acclaimed films and TV series, and is often referred to as one of the best African-American actresses of her time.
Her popularity came in the 2005 hit Mr. and Mrs. Smith, starring Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. The 2012 action film Django Unchained was another career milestone.
Her portrayal of Olivia Pope in the TV series Scandal brought her critical acclaim. She has received several awards and nominations for her role in Scandal. She was named to Time magazine’s “Time 100” list of celebrities.
|birth name||Kerry Marissa Washington|
|age||(as in 2022) 45 years|
|Sun Sign / Zodiac Sign||Aquarius|
|place of birth||Bronx, New York, United States|
|date of birth||January 31, 1977|
|Country of Citizenship||American|
|mother’s name||Valerie (Professor and Educational Advisor)|
|father’s name||Earl of Washington (Realtor)|
|affairs/boyfriend||1. David Moscow (2003-2007)
2. Ordinary (2007) (rapper)
3. Lawrence O’Donnell (2008)
4. Ephraim Greenberg (2008)
5. Nnamdi Asomugha (2012-present)
Marital status, husband and children
|wedding date||June 24, 2013|
|wedding place||Haley, Idaho|
|children||Son – Caleb Kelechi Asomugha
Daughter – Isabelle Amarachi Asomugha
|School||Spencer School in Manhattan in 1994|
|College University||George Washington University, Washington, D.C., 1998
Michael Howard Studios in New York City
|Education||Graduated with Phi Beta Kappa Double Major (Honours)|
|Brand recognition||1. Neutrogena (2013)
2. She is a brand ambassador and creative consultant for beauty brands.
3. In 2016, endorsed (or endorsed) Hillary Clinton during the 2016 presidential election and appeared in an ad with Ellen Pompeo, Viola Davis, and Shonda Rhimes.
|professional manager||42 West|
Height, Weight and Body Measurements
|height (approximately)||ft/in – 5’4″
cm – 163 cm
In meters – 1.63m
|Weight (approximately)||in kilograms – 53 kilograms
in pounds – 117 pounds
|breast size||34 inches|
|hip size||34 inches|
Extra ordinary functions
|eye color||dark brown|
|clothing size||2 (US) or 34 (EU)|
|shoe size||8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)|
|favorite tv show||Game of Thrones (2011-present)|
|favorite movie||Splash (1984)|
Kerry Washington was born on January 31, 1977 in the Bronx, New York City, to Valerie Earle. Her father was a real estate agent, while her mother was an educational consultant and professor. Washington was an extrovert from an early age, which further amplified her desire to perform in front of the camera. She expressed her wishes to her parents, but they didn’t take it too seriously.
In her teens, however, Kerry’s aspirations were strong. She attended the same middle school as Jennifer Lopez, and they became good friends during their school days, sharing their ambitions to shine in show business. Kerry also learned to dance from Lopez.
Growing up, she set another example in Larry Maldonado, who lived in his community in the Bronx and was instrumental in sustaining Kerry’s dream of becoming an actress. Kerry started taking part in drama in high school and eventually became one of the most popular kids in the school.
In order to further polish her acting skills, she joined “Tada! Youth Theater. She was also interested in political affairs and attended Nelson Mandela’s “Yankee Stadium” speech after he was released from prison. She started acting in high school, and after graduating from school in 1994, she joined “George Washington University” to continue her studies.
She graduated from college, majoring in sociology and anthropology. It’s a backup in case she doesn’t act well. She excelled academically, turning down offers from “Yale University” and “Dartmouth College” to focus on her acting career. Before officially entering the Hollywood world, she took acting classes at “Michael Howard Studios”.
Kerry Washington Net Worth and Salary
Kerry Washington has a net worth of $50 million.
|Estimated net worth in 2022||$50 million|
|Net worth in the previous year (2021)||$38 million|
|2020 annual salary||$12 million|
|2019 annual salary||$11 million|
|2018 annual salary||$13 million|
|Source of income||actor|
In the first few seasons of Scandal, Washington made $80,000 per episode, or about $1.5 million a year. At the height of the Scandal series, she earned $250,000 per episode, or about $4.5 million. Endorsement proceeds from contracts with companies such as Neutrogena, Apple, and Movado. All-in, Washington made $13 million in 2016, $11 million in 2017, and $12 million in 2018; in those three years alone, that’s a total of $36 million.
On the Hulu show “Little Fires Everywhere,” Kerry joined an exclusive club of actors who made more than $1 million in TV episodes. She earned $1.1 million per episode in the first season. There are 8 episodes, which means she’s making just under $9 million this season.
In 2013, Kerry and Nnamdi bought a home in Los Angeles for $1.9 million. The seller is MadTV actress/comedian Nicole Sullivan. They sold the house in 2016 for $2.7 million. Around the same time as the sale, the couple bought an extremely private home in Beverly Hills for $6.75 million. A year later, they purchased the adjacent home for less than $4 million, giving them a more private gated compound.
At the time of writing, they still own Kerry’s condo in New York City and Nnamdi’s townhouse in Manhattan Beach, California, both purchased separately before they met.
- Jimmy Smits Biography, Age, Height, Star Wars, Movies, Net Worth and Wiki
- Halle Berry Biography, Age, Parents, Husband, Movies, Wiki and Net Worth
Kerry Washington Movies & TV Shows
- When she made her debut in “Our Song” in 2000, Washington got her first professional breakthrough the following year. She won audiences with her role in Save the Last Dance (2001) starring Julia Stiles.
- Soon after the popular teen drama hit theaters, Washington turned to comedy. She starred in the humorous action film Bad Company (2004) starring Chris Rock and Anthony Hopkins.
- Washington’s career really took off in 2004. That year, she had several major film roles, including Della Bea Robinson, the wife of blind singer and musician Ray Charles, in the biopic “Ray.”
- Washington’s performance received strong reviews, and her co-star Jamie Foxx won an Oscar for playing Charles. That same year, she starred alongside Anthony Mackie in Spike Lee’s dramatic comedy She Hates Me.
- The versatile actress experimented with the comic book action genre in 2005’s Fantastic Four, portraying sculptor Alicia Masters opposite Ioan Gruffudd, Jessica Alba, Chris Evans and Michael Chiklis. The following year, Washington showed her skills as a theatrical performer again in The Last King of Scotland.
- Forest Whitaker plays the wife of Ugandan dictator Idi Amin, who has earned praise for her subtle transformation. Around this time, Washington also had a recurring role on the hit TV series Boston Legal.
- In 2007, Washington reunited with Rock to play a vixen with a relationship with a married man for the wife I think I love. This part gives Washington a chance to emerge from the many loyal wife roles she’s handled in the past.
- She went on to explore race relations with the thriller Lake Terrace (2008), in which she played an African-American woman (Patrick Wilson) married to a white man. The couple is harassed by an African-American police officer (Samuel L. Jackson).
- In For Colored Girls (2010), Washington worked with an impressive cast of actresses including Whoopi Goldberg, Phylicia Rashad, Janet Jackson and Thandie Newton. Directed and written by Tyler Perry, the film is based on a play by Ntozake Shange.
- In 2012, Washington reunited with Ray co-star Fox in Quentin Tarantino’s western “Django Unchained.” She played Broomhilda von Schafft, a slave married to Foxx’s protagonist. In the movie, the two separate and Django joins forces with a bounty hunter (Christoph Waltz) to find her. The following year, Washington starred in the comedy/drama Peeps.
- Also in 2012, Washington moved to the small screen, starring in the political drama Scandal, created by ABC powerhouse Shonda Rhimes. In the series, Washington plays Olivia Pope, a “fixer” or someone who cleans up scandals and other messes for her clients.
- Washington added another accomplishment to her acting feat when she played lawyer/scholar Anita Hill in the 2016 HBO film Confirmation. The film dramatized a 1991 congressional hearing in which Hill claimed Supreme Court nominee Clarence Thomas sexually harassed her in the workplace. Washington was nominated for an Emmy and a Golden Globe for his performance.
- When ABC launched a two-part live broadcast in front of studio audiences in 2019, Washington joined the nostalgia bandwagon, playing Helen Willis in a one-off revival of The Jeffersons. The following March, she co-starred in the Hulu miniseries “Little Fires Everywhere,” as a nomadic artist upending Reese Witherspoon’s idyllic life.
|2001||save the last dance
|year 2002||Take the A train
|Year 2003||United States of Leland
|year 2004||against the ropes
she hates me
Mr and Mrs Smith
|year 2006||little boy
last king of scotland
|2007||i think i love my wife
put it in a book
Thirty thousand leagues under the sea
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
|Year 2008||woman in burqa
Miracle of Santa Ana
Lake View Terrace
|2009||Life is hot in Clarktown
mother and child
for girls of color
|2012||a thousand words
List of TV shows and series
|1994||ABC After School Special|
law and order
100 Center Street
|2013||Jimmy Kimmel Live
saturday night live
|2018||How to get…|
Check more articles in our categories Celebrity & News et Wiki.
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Kerry Washington Biography, Age, Family, Husband, Movies, Wiki & Net Worth
, help us and share the article on Facebook, instagram and e-mail with the hashtags ☑️ #Kerry #Washington #Biography #Age #Family #Husband #Movies #Wiki #Net #Worth ☑️!
Leave a Reply