Yvonne Strahovski Height, Age, Boyfriend, Husband Family, Biography and More » StarsUnfolded
Hometown: Wellington Downs, Australia
Husband: Tim Lowden
Some Lesser Known Facts About Yvonne Strahovsky
- Yvonne Strahovski is an Australian actress best known for starring in the TV series Chuck (2007-2012), Dexter (2012-2013), 24: Live Another Day (2014) ) and The Handmaid’s Tale (2017).
- Before Yvonne was born, her parents immigrated to Australia from Warsaw, Poland.
- Yvonne first became interested in acting when she started taking drama classes at the age of 12. She said in an interview,
“I took my first drama class when I was 12. I’ve been making home videos and these little sketches.”
- Yvonne comes from a Polish-speaking family, and while she was in school, she faced difficulties developing enough English vocabulary. She excelled in the subject after her English teacher, Mrs Halliday, introduced her to Shakespeare’s plays and the world of poetry and classic novels.
- At school, she played viola in William Shakespeare’s romantic comedy Twelfth Night.
- While at Western Sydney University, she co-founded a small theatre company, Sydney Sauna Productions Theatre.
- After starring in the Australian TV series “Double Fist” (2004), “Haiti” (2005) and “Sea Patrol” (2007), Yvonne auditioned for the American sci-fi series “The Bionic Woman” (2007) . When she auditioned for Bionic Woman (2007) in the US, she sent an audition tape for the TV series Chuck (2007), which would later become her TV debut.
- Yvonne Strahovski gained international recognition with Chuck (2007), in which she played the role of CIA agent Sarah Walker, After protagonist Chuck Bartowski unknowingly embeds the only remaining copy of a software program containing America’s biggest spy secrets into his brain.
- She rose to fame when she played the love interest of serial killer Hannah McKay and protagonist Dexter Morgan in the American crime drama Dexter (2012).
- Her other notable work includes starring at 24 as CIA Agent Kate Morgan: Another Day to Live (2014).
- She played the famous scientist Dr. Tyra Wade in the sci-fi film “I, Frankenstein” (2014), who was hired by Nabilius to conduct experiments and try to resurrect corpses.
- She appeared in the American crime thriller “Manhattan Nights” (2016) as Caroline Crowley, the wife of a successful filmmaker who is murdered in a demolished building and was discovered. As the story unfolds, Caroline recruits a New York City tabloid writer to investigate the case she gradually seduces over a series of meetings.
- She shot to fame with the critically acclaimed series The Handmaid’s Tale (2017), in which she played rival Serena Joy Watford. The series’ storyline revolves around the maid Offred, who is forced to bear children for her master, Commander Watford, and his wife, Serena Joy Watford. Yvonne has been nominated for prestigious awards including Primetime Emmys (2018), Golden Globes (2019) and Screen Actors Guild Awards (2018-2020) for her role as Serena Joy Waterford.
- She became popular for her role as lead Sofie Werner in the Australian drama Stateless (2020), which was partly inspired by the true story of Cornelia Rau, an Australian who was illegally detained under the Australian government’s compulsory detention program.
- As a voiceover artist, she has voiced roles in films such as LEGO: Clutch Force Adventures (2010), Outback (2012) and Batman: Bad Blood (2016).
- After moving to the United States, Yvonne revised her surname “Strzechowski” and spelled it “Strahovski” for easier pronunciation.
- Strahovsky’s likeness was used for the character of Miranda Lawson in the video game series Mass Effect, for which she was nominated for a Spike Video Game Award in the Best Performance by a Human Female category.
- She made her Broadway debut in 2012 in a reprise of Clifford Odets’ Golden Boy (1964), in which she played the role of “Lorna Moon”. Yvonne won the Drama World Award (2013) for her role as “Lorna Moon”.
- Strahovsky decided to make his Broadway debut after seeing a stand-up comedy show at the Melbourne Comedy Festival. She said in an interview,
I watched some stand-up comedy at the Melbourne Comedy Festival and I miss being on stage. It reminded me of what it takes to be in a live show, so when this Golden Boy audition came, I was like, ‘I’m going to…’
- In an interview, Yvonne revealed that during her high school years, Hollywood celebrity Tom Hanks was her celebrity junkie. The ‘Burbs (1989) starring Turner & Hooch (1989) and Tom Hanks is her favorite movie. she says,
I am obsessed with Tom Hanks. He is my high school fan. Everyone else’s textbook is full of pictures of Brad Pitt, and I’m Tom Hanks Weird. “
- Another little-known fact about Yvonne is that she wore a nose ring for five years. She said in an interview,
No tattoos, but I’ve had a nose ring for five years – you can still see the hole in my nose from the close-up!
- Yvonne, an avid animal lover who campaigned for the American animal rights group PETA, had a slogan that read: “Always Adopt. Never Buy.”
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Yvonne Strahovski Height, Age, Boyfriend, Husband Family, Biography and More » StarsUnfolded
, we invite you to share the article on Facebook, twitter and whatsapp with the hashtags ☑️ #Yvonne #Strahovski #Height #Age #Boyfriend #Husband #Family #Biography #StarsUnfolded ☑️!