Yusaku Maezawa Age, Wife, Kids, Family, Biography & More » StarsUnfolded
|native name||Maezawa Yusaku|
|Profession||Entrepreneur and Art Collector|
|be famous for||Announced by SpaceX as the first private customer to fly around the moon|
|Body Statistics and More|
|height (approximately)||in centimeters– 165 cm
in meters– 1.65 meters
feet inches– 5′ 5″
|Weight (approximately)||in kilograms– 55 kg
in pounds– 121 lbs
|hair color||dark brown|
|date of birth||November 22, 1975|
|Age (2017)||42 years|
|place of birth||Kamaya City, Chiba Prefecture, Japan|
|Zodiac Signs/Sun Signs||Scorpio|
|Country of Citizenship||Japanese|
|hometown||Kamaya City, Chiba Prefecture, Japan|
|School||Waseda Jiu-Jitsu High School, Tokyo, Japan|
|College University||did not participate|
|religion||Unknown (he was particularly interested in Buddha statues, especially those from the Heian period (794-1185))|
|Hobby||Listening to music, playing guitar, playing drums, traveling, artifact collection|
|Awards, Honors, Achievements||He was awarded the Order of Arts and Letters by the French government|
|girls, affairs, etc.|
|children||1 (name unknown)|
|parents||Father– Name unknown (accountant)
Mother– Unknown name (housewife)
|brothers and sisters||brother– 1 (name unknown)
elder sister– no
|car collection||Bugatti Chiron, Aston Martin One-77, Custom Pagani Zonda, Aston Martin Valkyrie|
|net worth (approximately)||$2.9 billion (2018)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Yusaku Maezawa
- Does Yusaku Maezawa smoke? :unknown
- Is Maezawa Yusaku drinking? :Yes
- Maezawa Yusuke was born in an ordinary family in Chiba Prefecture.
- He grew up in Chiba Prefecture and has a strong interest in understanding how things are made.
- Maezawa said in an interview:
“When construction work happens in our neighborhood, I go to observe construction sites.”
- He used to play guitar in middle school before switching to drums in high school. He turned to drums; because he thought drummers were always sorely lacking.
- While attending Waseda Jiu-Jitsu High School in 1991, Maezawa formed a band called “Switch Style” with his classmates. The band’s first EP was released in 1993.
- Gradually, his band gained a following and was acquired by a record label; leading to his first taste of success.
- After high school, he didn’t go to college; instead, he moved to America with his girlfriend.
- While in the United States, Maezawa began collecting CDs and records.
- In 1995, he returned to Japan with his collection of CDs and records, and began selling imported albums and CDs by mail. This became the basis for his first company, Start Today, which he started in 1998 at the age of 22. He named the company after the album of the New York punk band “Gorilla Biscuits”.
- In the same year, 1998, his company signed a contract with BMG Japan.
- In 2000, his company launched, offering niche fashion apparel in addition to music.
- Around 2001-2002, Maezawa withdrew from touring with his band, and he gave reasons—
“I was the president of my company and I was touring the country with the band at the time,” he said. “I chose my company when I couldn’t juggle both—that’s when I was 25 or 26.”
- In 2004, his company Start Today launched Zozotown; a retail clothing website that initially featured products from 17 clothing stores.
- In 2007, Start Today was listed on the high-growth startup mothers section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange and continued to expand over the next decade.
- A company with only four employees now (as of 2018) has nearly 900 employees; about 6,300 brands and over 520,000 items.
- He also launched the custom clothing brand ZOZO and the home measurement system ZOZOSUIT.
- Maezawa is so attached to his hometown of Chiba that, unlike many startups that have their headquarters in central Tokyo, Star Today’s headquarters has remained in Chiba since 2001. He said–
“I feel very comfortable in Chiba. The air is fresher and you can see the sea.”
- Founded the “Contemporary Art Foundation” in Tokyo in 2012; with the goal of “supporting young artists to become the backbone of the next generation of contemporary art”.
- In an interview, he revealed that he plans to open a museum in Chiba where he can display his vast collection of art, furniture and antiques.
- In 2017, he won an auction of a Basquiat painting for $110.5 million.
- In September 2018, SpaceX CEO Elon Musk revealed that Yusaku Maezawa would be the first commercial passenger to fly around the moon on a SpaceX BFR rocket, which is scheduled to take place in 2023. Six to eight artists will accompany him as part of an art project he created called #dearMoon.
- Many of Maezawa’s careers are driven by a common principle: his passion. He said-
“Playing in bands, selling records through mail order and selling clothes — those are things I love to do,” he said. “If this is pleasing to others, then I can’t be happier.”
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Yusaku Maezawa Age, Wife, Kids, Family, Biography & More » StarsUnfolded
, we invite you to share the article on Facebook, pinterest and whatsapp with the hashtag ☑️ #Yusaku #Maezawa #Age #Wife #Kids #Family #Biography #StarsUnfolded ☑️!