Usha Mangeshkar Age, Husband, Children, Family, Biography & More » StarsUnfolded
marital status: Single
Some Lesser Known Facts About Usha Mangeshkar
- Usha Mangeshkar is an Indian singer and the youngest sister of the legendary Indian singer Lata Mangeshkar. Usha dubs songs in multiple languages including Marathi, Hindi, Gujarati, Bengali, Nepali, Bhojpuri, Kannada and Assamese. “
- Usha’s father belongs to Maharashtra and her mother is Gujarati. Her father was a Marathi theatre artist and singer, so the trend of singing persisted in the Mangeshkar family. Her mother, Shevanti, was the sister of her father’s first wife, Narmada, who died young.
- Her father died when she was six years old. After the death of their parents, Usha and her siblings had to deal with many problems. Rata Mangshka, the eldest sister, started singing to make a living in order to pay for her household expenses. Usha is the youngest of the four sisters.
- Usha Mangeshkar is also an animal lover.
- Growing up, Usha developed an interest in singing and continued to pursue singing careers like her sisters Lata Mangeshkar and Asha Bhosle.
- She started playing singing in 1953. Earlier, she started her singing career with some low-budget films that later brought her success.
- The song “Mai to Aarti” in the movie “Jai Santoshi Maa” (1975) made her a household name in India.
- Usha was awarded the Doctor of Philosophy by the Minister of Education of Maharashtra in Pune (2019).
Namaskar. Dr. Vishwanath Karad ji ke MIT-ADT University pune ne mujhe aaj is padvi se sammait kiya jo mujhe Maharashtra ke shiksha evam sanskriutik mantri Shri Vinod tawde ji ke shubh haaton se mili. Principal Ph.D. Karad ji aur unki university ki aabhari hun. pic.twitter.com/4LSe7whayq
— Usha Mangeshkar (@ushamangeshkar) February 23, 2019
- She has a strong interest in painting, and she believes that painting and singing are closely related. According to Usha, she used to paint while listening to music. Having such a keen interest in drawing, Usha said in one of her interviews that before singing, she usually sketches the scene in the movie and its situation in her mind, but later, if the scene doesn’t go as she imagined, then It turned into her disappointment. For example, after listening to the song “Suhana Safar” from the movie “Madhumati” (1958), she drew a sketch based on a picture of the sea in her mind. Later, when she saw the song in the movie, it was shot in the jungle and it was not what she imagined, so it was a big disappointment for her.
- Usha Mangeshkar prefers folk music over other music genres. She has been singing for over 60 years. She also produced a musical “Phoolwanti” for Doordarshan (1992), based on the story of Baba Sahib Purandare.
- The song “Mungda” was a hit from Raj N Sippy’s 1977 suspense thriller “Inkaar”. Usha Mangeshkar gives her melodious voice to Rajesh Roshan’s composition.
- The song Mungda was rewritten for Indra Kumar’s manga work Total Dhamaal (2019), but original singer Usha Mangeskar and composer Rajesh Roshan were not happy with the remake. Additionally, fans were so disappointed in the remake that they even slammed the makers for “destroying” the classic, calling it a “toilet remix”.
- Also, Usha Mangeshkar is totally against the idea of remixing the classics. Usha Mangeshkar said in an interview,
Our songs (sung by Mangeskar sisters Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle and Usha Mangeshkar) were created with great thought and sensitivity and care. It’s not right to rip them off in such an arbitrary way. “
- In 2017, after 27 years, the two sisters Rata and Ushamangshka reunited to compose a song titled “Ek Baar Bidaai De Do Maan” from the Bengali freedom fighter biopic “Main Khudiram Bose” Hun”. The last song they sang together was “Aaya Mausam Dosti ka” by Sooraj Barjatya’s “Maine Pyar Kiya” (1989).
- During the lockdown, Usha Mangeshkar’s sister Lata Mangeshkar was taken to Breach Candy Hospital in Mumbai after complaining of breathing difficulties, and was quarantined with her sister Usha Mangeshkar at their home in Mumbai. During this time, the two sisters lived with their younger brother, Hridanat, and his family.
- Apart from singing, the Mangeshkar family also shared their keen interest in cricket. Sister Mangeshkar is very fond of cricket and claims to regard the sport as a religion. Usha said,
Our mother is a cricket fan and we all gather in her room to eat together and watch games. “
- Usha Mangeshkar was congratulated by Chief Minister Assam Sarbananda Sonowal at the 7th Mising Youth Festival. This is a five-day festival that started on March 5, 2020 in Jengraimukh, Assam.
Get nostalgic with soulful songs from iconic films Chameli Memsaab and Khoj.
Bubenda’s magic and @ushamangeshkar The rendition of ji took me to the 70s. A night to remember. pic.twitter.com/EDmjok8xMx
— Sabanda Sonowal (@sarbanandsonwal) March 8, 2020
- Usha’s younger brother Hridaynath claims she is a talented painter. He said that, based on the lyrics and the content of the music, she has done all of his long record covers. Usha also received a Presidential Award for painting.
- She looks at her sister with pride as the two of them inspire her not only in life but also in music.
- She is honored to be part of the Mangeshkar family, but she never compares her success or her music to anyone else. According to Usha, although her sisters are all multi-talented singers, she has forged her own path in the music industry, and she has always believed in facing life positively.
Check more articles in our categories Celebrity & News & Wiki.
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Usha Mangeshkar Age, Husband, Children, Family, Biography & More » StarsUnfolded
, we invite you to share the article on Facebook, instagram and whatsapp with the hashtag ☑️ #Usha #Mangeshkar #Age #Husband #Children #Family #Biography #StarsUnfolded ☑️!
Leave a Reply