Upasana Kamineni Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Children, Biography & More » StarsUnfolded
Age: 30 years old
Hometown: Hyderabad, Telangana
Husband: Ram Charan
Some Lesser Known Facts About Upasana Kamineni
- Upasana Kamineni is the Vice President of the Apollo Foundation (identifying, treating and educating people in need of healthcare) and Apollo Life (a healthcare website that provides information related to health, wellness and fitness).
- She is also the owner and editor-in-chief of B Positive, a well-known health and lifestyle magazine.
- Upasana’s maternal grandfather, Prathap C. Reddy, was a recipient of Padma Vibhushan and founder of Apollo Hospitals, India’s first corporate healthcare. Her aunts – Preetha Reddy, Sangita Reddy and Suneeta Reddy are the directors of Apollo Hospital.
- She is the daughter-in-law of veteran South Indian actor Chiranjeevi.
- Upasana wanted to work with the Apollo Hospital from an early age. When she was a teenager, she decided to become a fashion designer. Soon, Upasana realized she was a better shopper than a designer and decided to go back to her family business.
- She suffered from obesity from childhood to adulthood. Talking about her obesity and weight loss story she said –
I grew up in America as a kid! When I moved to London, I decided I had to do a full round of Hyde Park and also the London Marathon. During the haggling, I broke my knee. So, the will is there, but I’m not doing it right. I’m 95kg so I decided to cut carbs completely. That didn’t work. So I cut out the rice and wheat and switched to oatmeal and it worked fine for me. Then I added a little high protein. I walk to college instead of using my car, taxi or subway. “
- Upasana started philanthropy from a very young age. When she was a student, she started a campaign called “U Exchange,” where she used to collect old textbooks and notebooks and give them to children in the Naxal region.
- Ram Charan and Upasana met at a London sports club through mutual friends. The two became friends, and their friendship slowly developed into love. Later, the two decided to get married. She called Charan “Mr.” C’ full of love.
- Charan is an actor and many people think that Upasana is not worthy of him because she is a fat person and it hurts her. However, she struggled and managed to lose weight and became an inspiration to many.
- Upasana Kamineni Konidela, a next-generation entrepreneur, well-being curator, sustainability activist, animal protectionist and prominent philanthropist for the Apollo Hospital family, believes in creating socialist sustainable businesses that create meaningful impact while at the same time Giving back to the community as all.
- Apollo Hospitals Group has spearheaded a number of firsts in curing India; two of them are: The Apollo Foundation and URLife. Previous beliefs about identifying, diagnosing, treating, and educating people in need of medical services. On the other hand, URLife aims to enable Indian cities and the Indian workforce to increase their productivity and manage their well-being harmoniously.
- Upasana started URLife with the example of herself and her organization. Integrating best benefits practices from around the world to help increase the productivity of Indian businesses is her main focus. Upasana firmly believes that the world can #HEALININDIA by exploring the wisdom of alternative medicine and healing.
- Today, URLife has the largest number of occupational health centers in the country. URLife has been acclaimed for its excellence in health and wellness and has amassed a number of accolades, the 2017 Economic Times Retail Icon and Property Awards being one of them.
- The famous BPositive magazine was the brainchild of Upasana Kamineni Konidela ten years ago. During the pandemic, she made a sustainable shift by choosing to go digital to save the planet and reach a wider audience. The platform, renamed URLife, shares engaging content and will gradually evolve into a provider of e-commerce products and services in the field of well-being. URLife is dedicated to encouraging you to live a fulfilling UR life by harnessing the power of technology to promote healthy lifestyle choices!
- The Apollo Foundation believes in giving back to society with respect and compassion, whether it’s caring for forest guards who protect our wildlife or providing adequate medical care for the elderly who have been abandoned. The Apollo Foundation is proud to conceptualize the idea of Dr. Prathap C Reddy’s self-sustaining breakthrough model to help rural India stay healthy from the womb to the grave – a holistic wellness initiative.
- Upasana holds a degree in International Business Marketing and Management and a Degree in Love for Health & Wellbeing from Regent University London, and received the Women in Healthcare Recognition Award in 2017. She was also recognized as the tycoon of tomorrow and was honored by Forbes in 2018. Upasana was also awarded the 2019 Dada Saheb Falk Award for Excellence, Philanthropist of the Year.
- She believes technology should be used as a powerful tool to heal the world, and has expressed her views at various forums and stages, including the Conference of Sages and Scientists in Beverly Hills, California. She delivered a presentation on the theme “Changing Times: Reinventing India’s Story” at AIMA – 41st National Management Conference; and on “The Next Generation: Youth Banking” at the India Today Conference South Conference.
- Upasana is also a member of the YPO Hyderabad Chapter and a member of CII – Telangana. Her transition from obesity to health and her mental health ideology has made her an influencer on just about every digital platform.
- An adventurer, Upasana and her husband Ram Charan (actor, producer) are known as the young inspirational influencers of South India. Their interests include fitness, physical and mental health and wildlife conservation.
- In 2016, rumors of her divorce from Ram Charan became the talk of the town. Later, in an interview, Upasana cleared up the rumors, saying that she didn’t care what everyone wrote because Upasana and her husband loved each other.
- She launched the JIYO app in partnership with Indian-born American author and medical advocate Deepak Chopra. It’s an app that tracks individuals’ stress and fitness levels and sends them “health prescriptions.”
- She is good friends with fashion designers Anamika Khanna, Abu Jani, Sandeep Khosla and Tarun Tahiliani.
- Upasana and Tamannaah Bhatia are best friends. Seeing Tamannaah perform in “Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy” (2019), Upasana gave her a giant crystal ring.
- She loves animals and believes in loving and respecting them like a human being.
- She is a dog lover with over 5 dogs.
- Upasana also likes horses and has a horse named Daisy. Daisy is a Farabella (a miniature horse) given to her by Ram Charan a month after their marriage.
- She admitted in an interview that if she hadn’t been in the healthcare industry, she would have been a waitress and lived on an island by the sea.
- She is also interested in interior design and has designed the interiors of one of her wellness centers.
Find more articles in our categories Celebrity & News et encore Wiki.
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Upasana Kamineni Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Children, Biography & More » StarsUnfolded
, we invite you to share the article on Facebook, instagram and e-mail with the hashtags ☑️ #Upasana #Kamineni #Age #Boyfriend #Husband #Family #Children #Biography #StarsUnfolded ☑️!
Leave a Reply