Sanjiv Bhatt Age, Wife, Kids, Family, Biography & More » StarsUnfolded
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sanjiv Bhatt
- Sanjiv Bhatt is a former IPS officer who joined the Indian Police Service (IPS) in 1988 from the Gujarat cadre.
- In 1990, as an additional superintendent of the police, he made 150 arrests during riots in the Jamnagar district.
- The brother of one of the detainees, Prabhudas Vaishnani, registered the FIR with Bhatt and six other police officers because he died of kidney failure a few days after being detained. His brother claimed that Prabdas died of extreme torture in police custody.
- In 1996, Bhatt, as Superintendent of Police (SP) in Banaskantha district, was charged with bringing a false drug case against Rajasthan lawyer Sumersingh Rajpurohit.
- He was also accused of protecting then-Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi in 2002 while he was deputy intelligence chief at the Gandhinagar National Intelligence Agency. This was at the time of the Godra train massacre following the Hindu-Muslim riots that left thousands dead.
- He played a vital role in filing the affidavit against Narendra Modi; alleging Modi’s role in the 2002 communal unrest in Gujarat. He further stated that he participated in a meeting in which Modi publicly demanded that the police force allow Hindus to retaliate against Muslims.
- India’s Supreme Court appointed a special investigation team that found Barth had not attended any such meetings and dismissed his charges.
- In 2003, Barth was transferred from Sabarmati Central Prison 2 months after his appointment for being too friendly to prisoners. He also specifically introduced “Gajar Ka Halwa” on the prison menu. His transfer led to mass protests by more than 4,000 prisoners.
- With many pending criminal cases against Sanjay, he stayed in the SP position for ten years without any promotion; however, by 2007 almost all of his colleagues in his group had been promoted to Inspector General of Police (IGP).
- On 30 September 2011, Sanjay was detained following an investigation into the FIR of KD Panth. Human rights activists and congressional leaders who opposed the Modi government’s persecution of Barth have condemned his arrest. However, Bart was granted bail on the condition that he will cooperate with the investigation into the allegations against him.
- In 2011, KD Panth (the driver of his police car) signed an affidavit filed by Bhatt indicating that Bhatt attended Modi’s controversial meeting, and later filed an FIR against Bhatt, accusing him of forcing him to sign the affidavit.
- In 2011, Bhatt refused to accept the award from the Maulana Muhammad Ali Jauhar Academy.
- Butter asked the Supreme Court to make arrangements for his safety because he believed the SIT had leaked his testimony to the state. Two personal guards were then provided for the safety of him and his family.
- On 8 August 2011, he was suspended by the Gujarat state government for untrue absences from work and for failing to attend the commission of inquiry. He was also reprimanded for using an official car when he was not at work.
- Bhatt accused the Special Investigation Team (SIT) of destroying vital evidence about the 2012 Hindu-Muslim unrest and failing to properly investigate.
- In 2012, Bhatt and six other police officers were charged with murder in the death of Prabhudas Vaishnani (Death by Prison, 1990).
- In 2012, his wife Shweta Bhatt ran unsuccessfully against Narendra Modi in the state assembly election.
- India’s Supreme Court in 2015 cleared the way for the criminal prosecution of IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt for his misconduct by forcing his signature on an affidavit and hacking the emails of Gujarat Attorney General Tushar Mehta.
- On August 19, 2015, Sanjay was fired by IPS for “unauthorized absence.”
- In 2018, Bhatt, 22, was arrested on suspicion of planting drugs for Rajasthan lawyer Sumersingh Rajpurohit.
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Sanjiv Bhatt Age, Wife, Kids, Family, Biography & More » StarsUnfolded
, we invite you to share the article on Facebook, instagram and e-mail with the hashtag ☑️ #Sanjiv #Bhatt #Age #Wife #Kids #Family #Biography #StarsUnfolded ☑️!