Major Yogendra Singh Yadav (PVC) Age, Wife, Biography, Family, Stories & More » StarsUnfolded
Hometown: Bradshahr, Uttar Pradesh
Wife: Rena Yadav
Some Lesser Known Facts About Yogendra Singh Yadav
- Major Subedar Yogendra Singh Yadav is an active duty junior officer (JCO) in the Indian Army, awarded the Param Vir Chakra, the highest military medal, for exemplary courage during the Kargil War. During the Kargil War in 1999, Yogendra survived 12 bullets and played a vital role in the capture of Tiger Hill.
- The son of a retired Indian Army Kumaon Regiment soldier who fought in the 1965 and 1971 wars against Pakistan, Yogendra grew up listening to awe-inspiring stories of brave Indian soldiers on the battlefield.
- When Yogendra was 15, his brother Jitendra was drafted into the army. Jitendra also advised Yogendra to join the armed forces. With an incomparable love for the motherland and determination to serve the country, Yogendra went to take the selection exam without thinking. He passed the test on the first try.
- Yogendra’s mother did not want him to join the army. She wants him to continue his studies and get a prestigious job. Yogendra said about it in an interview,
My mom never wanted me to join the military. In fact, even I want to investigate further. But the state of the country is such that even educated people need to pay huge bribes to get a job. Coming from a lower-middle-class family, the military is the only way out.”
- In June 1996, Yogendra joined the Indian Military Academy (IMA) at Battalion Manekshaw. He graduated from IMA on December 6, 1997 after completing 19 months of training at IMA. Yogendra was only 16 years and 5 months old when he joined the Indian Army as Sainik.
- He was married for only 15 days while serving National Service during the Kargil War. He fought in the Kargil war and has only 2.5 years of experience in the armed forces.
- On June 12, 1999, his battalion captured Tolorintop, in the process 2 officers, 2 junior officers and 21 soldiers died. He and 14 other soldiers,
- He was part of the Ghatak platoon and was assigned to take Tiger Hill on the night of 3/4 July 1999.
- The platoon had to climb a steep 16,500-foot section of snow and rock to reach the summit of Tiger Hill. He volunteered to lead and repair ropes for his team. Seeing the ranks, the enemy turned on extreme automatic grenade, rocket and artillery fire. The commander and two of his colleagues were killed in the shooting and the platoon was trapped.
- He then quietly climbed to the enemy position, taking multiple bullet wounds in the process. He continued to advance towards enemy positions, throwing grenades, continuing to fire with weapons, and executing four enemy soldiers in close quarters combat. Despite multiple bullet wounds, he continued to fight until he could. Encouraged by his heroic deeds, the platoon stormed the other positions and captured the top of Tiger Hill.
- He survived with 12 bullets in the body; one bullet pierced his heart during Operation Tiger Hill. “I suffered 12 gunshot wounds to my arms, legs. An enemy soldier also aimed at my chest and fired a bullet, but it bounced out of a 5 rupee coin in my pocket,” Yadav said in a statement. Tell PTI there.
- Param Vir Chakra was announced after his death, but it was soon discovered that he was recovering in hospital and that there was another soldier of the same name in the company who was martyred in the Kargil War.
- There are only three living recipients of the Param Vir Chakra Award; Bana Singh, Sanjay Kumar and Yogendra Singh Yadav himself.
- Grenadier Yogender Singh Yadav became the most visible example of valor, invincible valor and determination in extremely adverse situations.
- On January 22, 2021, Yogendra Singh Yadav appeared on Kaun Banega Crorepati’s Karamveer special with another Kargil War hero and Param Vir Chakra recipient Subedar Sanjay Kumar. This is the finale of the 12th season of the Indian game show.
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Major Yogendra Singh Yadav (PVC) Age, Wife, Biography, Family, Stories & More » StarsUnfolded
, we invite you to share the article on Facebook, pinterest and e-mail with the hashtags ☑️ #Major #Yogendra #Singh #Yadav #PVC #Age #Wife #Biography #Family #Stories #StarsUnfolded ☑️!