Dipak Misra (Chief Justice of India) Age, Biography, Wife, Family, Facts & More » StarsUnfolded
|real name||Deepak Misra|
|Profession||Legal Officer (Chief Justice of India)|
|Body Statistics and More|
|height (approximately)||in centimeters– 163 cm
in meters– 1.63 meters
feet inches– 5′ 4″
|Weight (approximately)||in kilograms– 65 kg
in pounds– 143 lbs
|hair color||salt and paper|
|date of birth||October 3, 1953|
|Age (2016)||63 years|
|place of birth||Cuttack, Odisha (formerly Odisha), India|
|Zodiac Signs/Sun Signs||Libra|
|Country of Citizenship||Indian|
|hometown||Cuttack, Odisha (formerly Odisha), India|
|dispute||• In 1985, Cuttack’s Additional District Sheriff passed an order cancelling the lease on two acres of agricultural land he had acquired in Cuttack in 1979.
• In July 2016, Judge Misra failed to concede top criminal lawyer UR Lalit (father of a law veteran and his colleague Judge UU Lalit) in his appeal against Rahul Gandhi’s defamation case. Judge Misra went on to ask about his practical experience in criminal law.
|girls, affairs, etc.|
|salary||280,000/month (as in 2017)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dipak Misra
- Does Dipak Misra smoke? :unknown
- Does Dipak Misra drink alcohol? :unknown
- Justice Misra is the nephew of Ranganath Misra, who served as Chief Justice of India from September 1990 to November 1991.
- On February 14, 1977, he was registered with a law firm and practised in the High Court and Service Tribunal of Odisha.
- In 1996, he was appointed as an additional judge of the High Court of Odisha.
- In 1997, he was transferred to the Madhya Pradesh High Court.
- On 19 December 1997, he was appointed a permanent judge of the Madhya Pradesh High Court.
- In December 2009, Justice Misra was appointed Chief Justice of the Patna High Court, serving until May 2010.
- In 2010, he was appointed Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court, where he served until his promotion to the Supreme Court of India on 10 October 2011.
- In August 2017, the current Chief Justice of India, Jagdish Singh Khehar, recommended Justice Dipak Misra as the 45th Chief Justice of India.
- Justice Misra has nearly 7+ years of experience serving as a Justice of the Supreme Court of India.
- He is expected to serve as Chief Justice of India for more than 14 months until October 2, 2018.
- Judge Misra in the Own Motion vs State case instructed Delhi Police to upload the FIR on their website within 24 hours of the filing.
- Judges Misra and Dalveer Bhandari rejected the Uttar Pradesh government’s decision to offer promotion reservations.
- Judges led by Justice Misra rejected Yakub Memon’s appeal to stop his execution. He then received death threats in the form of an anonymous letter that read “Whatever protection you get, we will destroy you.”
- On May 5, 2017, three judges, led by Justice Misra, upheld the death sentences of four convicts in the Nirbhaya Rape case. The judgment, written by Justice Misra, said the “brutal, barbaric and demonic nature” of the crime could trigger a “tsunami of shock” that would destroy civilized society.
- He is the third person from Odisha to become Chief Justice of India after Justice Ranganath Misra and Justice GB Pattanaik.
- Justice Misra is also an ardent supporter of Legal Aid for All. He is also the Executive Chairman of the National Legal Services Authority (NALSA), and Justice Misra initiated a program to transform the offices of the National Legal Services Agency into a hub that provides facilities to enable litigants receiving legal aid to access court documents, Case status and connect to their advocates online and through dedicated phone numbers. “No trial or prisoner shall continue to exist without legal aid. Every case has a face,” Justice Misra said in a statement.
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Dipak Misra (Chief Justice of India) Age, Biography, Wife, Family, Facts & More » StarsUnfolded
, help us and share the article on Facebook, instagram and e-mail with the hashtag ☑️ #Dipak #Misra #Chief #Justice #India #Age #Biography #Wife #Family #Facts #StarsUnfolded ☑️!