Dipa Karmakar Age, Height, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography and More » StarsUnfolded
Education: Master of Political Science
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dipa Karmakar
- Dipa Karmakar is the first Indian woman to win a bronze medal in gymnastics; competing in international events.
- When she won a bronze medal at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, she also became the third woman in the world to successfully land on the Produnova dome, considered one of the most difficult.
- She has been practicing gymnastics since she was 6 years old.
- Tipa learned the basics of gymnastics at Vivekananda Byamagar in Tripura.
- Dipa had her first success outside of her hometown in 2008, when she won the Junior National at Jalpaiguri.
- Her first international competition was in 2010, when she was part of the Indian gymnastics team at the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi.
- While representing Tripura at the 2011 Indian National Games, Dipa Karmakar won gold in all-around and all four disciplines: floor, vault, balance beam and uneven bars.
- After the 2014 Commonwealth Games, Deepa went on to finish fourth in the vault final at the 2014 Asian Games. In the same year, she also won a bronze medal at the Asian Championships in Hiroshima.
- In October 2015, Karmakar became the first Indian gymnast to qualify for the final stage of the World Rhythmic Gymnastics Championships in Glasgow.
- Deepa became the first Indian female gymnast to qualify for the Olympic finals after passing the 2016 Olympics test event on 10 August 2016. However, she missed out on the bronze medal and finished fourth in the event final with a time of 15.066 on 14 August 2016 at the Gymnastics Centre in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- After participating in the Rio Olympics, Indian cricket legend and BMW brand ambassador Sachin Tendulkar handed over the keys to Karmakar and two other Rio medalists – shuttler PV Sindhu and wrestler Sakshi Malik. However, Deepa returned the luxury car; citing the poor road conditions in her hometown of Agartala. Later, she bought a Hyundai Elantra with the 2.5 million rupees she got after returning the BMW.
- In the second half of 2017, she was nursing a knee injury that required corrective surgery for her ACL. She also had to miss the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
- In July 2018, she became the first Indian gymnast to win a gold medal at a global event when she won a gold medal in the vault at the FIG Rhythmic Gymnastics World Challenge Cup in Mersin, Turkey.
- In 2018, she suffered another knee injury and failed to qualify for the 2018 Asian Games vault final.
- Dipa attributes all the credit behind her gymnastics skills to her trainer, Bisweshwar Nandi, who has coached Dipa since she was six years old. Speaking of Dipa’s desire to learn the sport, Bisweshwar Nandi said –
She is Zidi (stubborn). She kept practicing until she was satisfied, and she kept craving more. “
- Dipa’s father, Dulal Karmakar, who is also an athlete, said he was living his dream through Dipa –
I told her ‘I can never wear ethnic colors. will you do it for me? She said, ‘Yes, I will make your dreams come true’, and she kept her word. “
- When she does gymnastics, her feet are flat. Mr Nandy said of her flat feet –
I remember when Dipa came to me as a kid with flat feet, which is not good for gymnasts. This affects the springs when she jumps. “
- In 2017, she was awarded D.Litt. Degree from Agartala National Institute of Technology (NIT).
- In the same year, Karmakar was also included in Forbes’ list of Asia’s Super Achievers under 30.
- In January 2017, the Ministry of Posts launched a special cover on Karmakar at the two-day district philatelic exhibition in Agartala.
- On Barbie’s 60th anniversary, Deepa was chosen as a Barbie role model to help inspire the next generation of girls.
- Dipa was a very religious person who often held Mahavir and Durga Pujas at home.
- Dipa credits Nadia Comăneci, a Romanian retired gymnast and five-time Olympic gold medalist, as her role model.
- After becoming a successful gymnast, Deepa is encouraging girls in her hometown to take up the sport.
- In addition to being a gymnast, Dipa is an accomplished cook and loves to cook at home whenever she gets the chance.
Thanks for visiting we hope our article Dipa Karmakar Age, Height, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography and More » StarsUnfolded
, don’t forget to share the article on Facebook, twitter and e-mail with the hashtag ☑️ #Dipa #Karmakar #Age #Height #Boyfriend #Husband #Family #Biography #StarsUnfolded ☑️!